Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mum says it is something called New Year tonight when there are lots of parties and horrible fireworks, but she went to a party the other night (without us!), and drank lots of champagne and didn't come home till nearly 1am and then was very sleepy all the next day, so we are going to go to bed early, and go for a long walk tomorrow because everyone else will be sleepy so there will be lots of space to park! And tomorrow is going to be lovely sunny day, so we can take a winter picnic and go on An Adventure, which she thinks we will all enjoy more than another party, even one with champagne. But she says I must wish you all a Happy New Year, so I do, and I hope everyone has a lovely time all year, with lots of walks and food and treats and cuddles, and never needing to go to the vet if you don't want to, and humans who are not too busy-busy-boring but happy and fun, and that there is chicken for everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Love Poppy xx

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Well if you all went to bed early I imagine you won't see this message until after the boom booms go off soon. I hope it isn't too scary and that you have a splendid gay tomorrow on your nice adventure.

Lily, Javelin and Peeves all wish you a happy new year!

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Happy New Year from Asta. Your picnic sounds like a lotta fun.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Dear Poppy,

What lovely wishes for the New Year! We hope the New Year is all you dream of and more :)

Neo, Remo, and Rose

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we went to bed quite early but the booms at midnight woke us up. I was under the duvet with Mum and it is absolutely safe there so I went back to sleep, but Sophy says it is too hot, and even with Mum rubbing her ears and back she was still dithery. She decided the safest place would be Mum's dressing gown on the floor, so stayed there till it was all over. We reminded Mum about getting up early, but somehow she didn't want to anymore... There is still plenty of time to go for a picnic, though, so we just have to decide whether to go to the Lakes or the seaside.

I hope there weren't too many bangs where you live - we didn't mind them when we were young, but Sophy suddenly started being afraid of them a few years ago, and that made me frightened too.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Dear Poppy,

We hope you had a lovely picnic and ramble today, in spite of the midnight booms.

Neo and Remo think that maybe people make booms because they can't bark. It's their way of telling everyone that something is special.

Neo, Remo and Rose

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had a lovely day. We started by the river, but there were bangs there, so we went to a place called Silverdale and had a long walk down to Jenny Brown's Point, and then we went to a cafe and shared a huge bacon sandwich, and the sun shone so that it was warm enough to sit outside, and the sea was all shiny, and there were lots and lots of people and dogs walking who stopped to talk to us, and it was more like Spring than the middle of Winter. Then we came home and had a good snooze, and a nice supper, and snoozed again, and then we all snuggled in bed! My Mum says we will go somewhere nice today, too, but it is much colder today so I may need a jumper.

Reactions: Rose n Poos
1 - 7 of 7 Posts