Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
Happy, Apricot Standard Superstar
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Grandma's house, first proper walk in Korea:

Yesterday evening,, we drove about 3 hours to visit Happy's Korean grandma's house in Chuncheon.

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Screenshot

One of the great things about Korea are the network of common use paths along all the rivers and canals throughout the country.

Water Sky Plant Water resources Cloud
Plant Sky Land lot Natural landscape Water
Water Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed
Plant Dog Sky Building Tree
Plant Vertebrate Asphalt People in nature Toy

Happy say yay to river side trails! Afterwards, Happy made herself comfortable in grandma's bed.
Wood Comfort Grey Floor Shelving

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you seen any other poodles yet?

I wounder if you will see a different variety of everyday pet dogs compared to the states out on walks.
Maybe you missed it in the big move post, but we ran into Happy’s mini me at the airport - a miniature apricot poodle. I've seen a bunch of minis and toys, but no standards yet. I know they're here, just not common. Happy is quite a novelty and is attracting due attention.

Right now we're sharing lunch with this cute little girl.
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Toy

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
It's a joy to read about Happy's adventures. She's amazing in how well she adapted to all that change in a short time.

Reactions: Happy'sDad

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From this morning's walk. This time we turned right at the river and ended up at the big lake which defines the west side of the city.
Sky Plant Tree Grass Leisure
Water Sky Dog Vertebrate Dog breed
Plant Road surface Tree Fawn Shrub

I'm really starting to love this place. The network of paths/trail is amazing. They go way outside the city limits into the surrounding mountains. We put in at least 4 miles this morning and encountered a nice apricot toy and a whole host of friendly people on our way. I'm sure grandma's house will become one of Happy's favorite places.
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Tuckered out.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is Mizz
Dog Water dog Carnivore Comfort Couch

Happy’s Korean cousin. Mizz came to stay at grandma's today because her mommy is working. Mizz is pretty reactivate, both with dogs and people, so we had to plan the poodle to poodle introduction.
I met Mizz outside first before bringing Happy out. At first Mizz, went nuts but I was able to bring some control to the situation and took them for a little walk together. That seemed to work. Tension were a little high back in the home, I think mostly because Mizz has some fear issues. Slowely Mizz figured out Happy is not a threat, but still gives her some room. I've walked them together a couple more times and Mizz seems to be getting over some of her issue and has stopped reacting to people on the street. Thats good because a white guy walking a couple of adorable poodles attracts a lot of attention here. I'm sure it'll take time, but I think Happy and Mizz will become friends. Lucky for me, Happy is super chill. But she wants to play so bad...

I'll finish with saying Mizz is super smart and a joy.
Dog Blue Couch Dog breed Comfort

·
Registered
82 Posts
You must have done a great job raising Happy - she looks so confident and comfortable wherever she is. I have only been to Incheon, on business, so it is fun to see your beautiful photos. Tokyo also used to have a big network of rivers and canals, but unfortunately they built highways over most of them in preparation for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. They also built hotels on many of the parks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You must have done a great job raising Happy - she looks so confident and comfortable wherever she is. I have only been to Incheon, on business, so it is fun to see your beautiful photos. Tokyo also used to have a big network of rivers and canals, but unfortunately they built highways over most of them in preparation for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. They also built hotels on many of the parks.
Really, it's Happy. She's an extremely easy dog. I just exposed her to as much as I could, corrected unwanted behavior, and encouraged desirable behavior. I've raised and loved on her like one of my children. So far so good.

·
Premium Member
15,350 Posts
I think Happy will have many happy places, and will help to make them so for many other people. What a beautiful place!

Reactions: Happy'sDad
1 - 20 of 120 Posts