Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
I can almost smell your bread dough! Heavenly.

Peggy had a play date with a potential new dogsitter today, just catching frisbees in the yard while the sitter and I chatted. Tonight she'll enjoy a fresh Himalayan yak cheese chew while my husband and I watch the new Terminator movie. Tomorrow's wide open, but Sunday's THE OSCARS!! This film nerd cannot wait to curl up on the couch for 3+ hours and soak it all in.

Here's a photo the sitter snapped:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's so cute! And looks tired, a lovely state for a poodle. Here's a photo of my husband eating fresh bread with blackberry jam :)

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
622 Posts
Tomorrow Zephyr and I are going to the Kites on Ice festival at a nearby lake. It is gorgeous enormous kites doing aerial ballet. Sunday is Zephyr's fourth birthday, but he will have to stay home while I go to the Klondike Dog Derby at an even nearerby lake. This is dog sled races, and they don't want spectators bringing their dogs, so Zephyr doesn't get to come. We will celebrate his birthday on Monday, which is also my birthday.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aw how nice! I wanted to get a dog sled for our dogs but I couldn't find one when I was looking. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice?! That looks so good? my family and I are sick, so I think we're going to be in my mom's room watching TV for the weekend. I shaved Sisko today and his new harness came? hope you all have a good weekend!

Here's a photo of a shaved Sisko. Not my best, but I'm getting better at it.
IMG_20200207_195111763.jpg

·
Registered
932 Posts
Canine fitness class Saturday morning. Tracking class was moved from Sunday afternoon, when sleet is forecast, to Saturday afternoon. Sunday spent with the human recovering from dog classes all day on Saturday! (MAYBE some grooming, but good chance for non-dog activities!)

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
I've had a rough January, so I'm assembling an mp3 playlist of angry nihilistic songs. My spouse is watching this exercise with amusement and amazement, because I normally go more for folky rootsy stuff.

Heart's "Barracuda" will be on the list. Probably Romeo Void's "Never Say Never" as well. The list actually kind of difficult, because misogyny is at the root of a lot of angry rock and rap songs. (Dude, the reason your chick dumped your sorry ass is that you are a worthless whining waste of space. Don't blame her.) I'm digging into the catalogues of lesser known groups like Boiled in Lead ("The Microrganism") and the Nields right now. Let me know if you have any recommendations.:devilish:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting! I just got a new truck and with it came 3 months of Sirius radio, so I'm listening to a lot of different stations, and Barricuda keeps coming up! Love that song. You're right, a lot of music IS misogynyistic! I work in a male dominated field so misogyny is where I LIVE.

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
I've had a rough January, so I'm assembling an mp3 playlist of angry nihilistic songs. My spouse is watching this exercise with amusement and amazement, because I normally go more for folky rootsy stuff.

Heart's "Barracuda" will be on the list. Probably Romeo Void's "Never Say Never" as well. The list actually kind of difficult, because misogyny is at the root of a lot of angry rock and rap songs. (Dude, the reason your chick dumped your sorry ass is that you are a worthless whining waste of space. Don't blame her.) I'm digging into the catalogues of lesser known groups like Boiled in Lead ("The Microrganism") and the Nields right now. Let me know if you have any recommendations.:devilish:
This cracked me up. I felt similarly yesterday and went for a dog-free walk with headphones on and a 100% Laura Jane Grace and Against Me! playlist in my ears. I wear a Fitbit and at one point my heart rate was THROUGH THE ROOF just because of the music. It felt amazing. Cathartic.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

I tend to go for angry country (Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Dixie Chicks, Reba, etc, etc) when I'm mad. Or very loud rock music. I'm enjoying a lot of alternative/rock lately - just took a glance at the local radio station's playlist, as I'm terrible at band names - a few bands they've played recently that I like, in no particular order - USS, Imagine Dragons, Cage the Elephant, Billie Eilish, Metric, Awolnation, of Monsters and Men, Florence and the Machine, Alice Merton. For (probably lesser known in the US, but wildly popular here) folk music, Great Big Sea is my first true love. "The Chemical Worker's Song" and Spirit of the West's "Home for a Rest" got played a lot when I was working a lot of overtime and bitter about it.

Interesting! I just got a new truck and with it came 3 months of Sirius radio, so I'm listening to a lot of different stations, and Barricuda keeps coming up! Love that song. You're right, a lot of music IS misogynyistic! I work in a male dominated field so misogyny is where I LIVE.

Bluegirl - yup, me too!! It's very challenging some days! What's worst is when they don't realize they are being misogynistic, and argue about it.

Not much poodle-excitement related going on, as Annie's still on "No walks, no running, no jumping" restriction. My mom's coming to visit, so I need to do some major cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
For (probably lesser known in the US, but wildly popular here) folk music, Great Big Sea is my first true love. "The Chemical Worker's Song" and Spirit of the West's "Home for a Rest" got played a lot when I was working a lot of overtime and bitter about it.
I saw GBS several times with the original lineup and once with the guy from Moxy Fruvous after Sean left. The most memorable time was when Adam made a huge faux pas. The gig was happening in a small club about 1/3 mile from the Smith College campus. Smith, like every college, goes through periods where the students notice some social wrong and rise up in a wave of wrath. That year the wrong was "lookism," which basically means good looking people get favorable treatment for grades, hiring, etc. simply because they won the genetic lottery.

Alan, unaware of this local cause, started a song introduction with "this one is dedicated to all the pretty girls in the audience." The audience responded with dead silence and 150 icy glares. The band looked at each other, mystified. They knew something had abruptly gone very very wrong, and they had not a clue what. Alan stammered out an apology, admitted he had put his foot in some local matter he didn't understand, and launched into the song.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I saw GBS several times with the original lineup and once with the guy from Moxy Fruvous after Sean left. The most memorable time was when Adam made a huge faux pas. The gig was happening in a small club about 1/3 mile from the Smith College campus. Smith, like every college, goes through periods where the students notice some social wrong and rise up in a wave of wrath. That year the wrong was "lookism," which basically means good looking people get favorable treatment for grades, hiring, etc. simply because they won the genetic lottery.

Alan, unaware of this local cause, started a song introduction with "this one is dedicated to all the pretty girls in the audience." The audience responded with dead silence and 150 icy glares. The band looked at each other, mystified. They knew something had abruptly gone very very wrong, and they had not a clue what. Alan stammered out an apology, admitted he had put his foot in some local matter he didn't understand, and launched into the song.
Very jealous - I really regret never seeing them live! They split up when I was still a penniless university student. Did see the Arrogant Worms when they came to campus though. My friends in St. Johns say Alan still hits the pubs downtown occasionally, and can be caught singing on a good night.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I tend to go for angry country (Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Dixie Chicks, Reba, etc, etc) when I'm mad. Or very loud rock music. I'm enjoying a lot of alternative/rock lately - just took a glance at the local radio station's playlist, as I'm terrible at band names - a few bands they've played recently that I like, in no particular order - USS, Imagine Dragons, Cage the Elephant, Billie Eilish, Metric, Awolnation, of Monsters and Men, Florence and the Machine, Alice Merton. For (probably lesser known in the US, but wildly popular here) folk music, Great Big Sea is my first true love. "The Chemical Worker's Song" and Spirit of the West's "Home for a Rest" got played a lot when I was working a lot of overtime and bitter about it.

Bluegirl - yup, me too!! It's very challenging some days! What's worst is when they don't realize they are being misogynistic, and argue about it.

Not much poodle-excitement related going on, as Annie's still on "No walks, no running, no jumping" restriction. My mom's coming to visit, so I need to do some major cleaning.
I gotta check out these bands! I've heard a few songs from Imagine Dragons.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts