Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louie is 1 today - born on Mardi Gras in New Orleans which is a nice metaphor for his life and personality.
Time flies. A year ago I attended The Westminster Dog show and I had no clue that I would only have my two dog loves Ollie and Stanley for another month and that far away on Mardi Gras a little Poodle boy was being born who would have the immense task of mending our broken hearts. He has done that job superbly with style and lots of moxie. He is fearless, has attitude to spare, is a big Diva and Drama queen. My husband calls him "Il Divo". But he has also learned to cuddle and give sloppy kisses. His big loves are my grandson and his best buddy Bichon Fluffy. Happy Birthday crazy PoodleKid!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
What a splendid birthday story! I wish you all many many more beautiful birthdays.

Reactions: Moni

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: To a wonderful mender of hearts, a very special Louie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Happy Birthday!

I cried the day Roland turned a year, October 15 and I'm getting ready to cry again as his 'got ya' day is almost here. Where did that little baby I could carry go?

I also understand how a new pup can help mend a broken heart. I had to wait a year before I got Roland, I think it's the longest I went without a spoo. The pain of losing Chewie is still raw after all this time, his story is a unique one, but having to take care of a puppy took a lot of the edge off. While Roland is not Chewie, he is still his own distinct personality and I love him for it.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Hope your Birthday is the bestest day ever!

Love,
MOLLY
:cheers2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts