Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1

So, what are our Canadian members and their poodles doing to celebrate today and thru the weekend? And what are American members doing for fun this weekend to celebrate? Good food? Cooking out? Fireworks? Or simply a refreshing walk to one of your favorite places?

Now is the perfect time to snap a few photos of your fuzzy four legged baby on or even after your national holiday. The Poodle Forum July Photo Contest is open so share your pics. Our two categories are Canada Day and Independence Day, but entries are accepted thru the following weekend too.

Contest promos, aside, personally, I've been invited to visit my brother and his wife for a tiny family gathering on 4th of July weekend. I dunno, even with social distancing, I'm still skittish and may opt for watching fireworks from my window. We shall see... 馃尀馃槑馃専

How about you?

Registered
Darling photos, Vita! I'm on the fence with plans as well. I am taking the next two weeks off of work, so I will likely avoid public areas this weekend and sneak in some festivities next week. There are a handful of people who I trust are taking suitable precautions, and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to spend time with them.

Happy Canada Day to everyone up north, 'eh!

Super Moderator
I call my American husband an honourary Canadian because he loves all things Canada. He watches and listens to more CBC than I do. It's pretty cute.

He jokingly started calling Canada Day "Canaday" and it seems to have caught on in our household.

So Happy Canaday, all! We'll be celebrating with poutine topped with Chalet sauce.

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘 Happy Canada Day! 馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘

We had a great, relaxing day off, plenty of sun, very hot. Hope you all did as well, and maybe got to jump in a lake.
馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘馃嚚馃嚘

Hope all the Americans have a great 4th of July.

Registered
Well in my neck of the woods it鈥檚 raining heavily but we managed to avoid the forecasted huge storm that may have flooded the creek banks so we鈥檙e relieved! It鈥檚 too wet for fireworks even if we weren鈥檛 limiting crowds for Covid-19, so my work handed out individually packaged cupcakes to the public instead. The dogs do not want to go out in the rain, so we鈥檙e having a cozy inside day. I baked some banana bread loaves, oh and we went to the creek to get sand for the garden. I want to see if the creek bed silty soil is good for plants. Apparently sandy soil grows the best root vegetables. That鈥檚 my day! How about the rest of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Happy Canada Day 馃崄馃嚚馃嚘 and early 4th of July 馃嚭馃嚫馃椊!

Poutine sounds amazing right about now... I鈥檓 thinking about incorporating maple syrup into tonight鈥檚 dinner! Probably maple glazed salmon since I have those ingredients on hand. I鈥檒l likely make a cherry pie this weekend since our trees are full and ripe. 馃構

This weekend, we鈥檙e hoping to see some fireworks from a distance and find some secluded lake where we can have a swim! We鈥檒l see how it goes... I have a feeling people might be out en masse and I鈥檓 too pregnant to hike long distances.

Registered
Happy Canada Day!
We'll be celebrating with poutine topped with Chalet sauce.
Poutine sounds amazing right about now...
As many foods as I've tried over the years, I've never had poutine. Is is super mushy? Do you have to eat it with a fork? Or is it more like just regular cheese fries that you can scoop with?
Pogo came from Canada. I am contemplating shaving a maple leaf onto his hip this year. It depends how ambitious I'm feeling and how he's feeling
We need pics if you do it!

As for me, I'm off early this Saturday! Don't know what I'm going to do, but I am happy about it!

Registered
Happy Canada Day and early 4th of July !

Poutine sounds amazing right about now... I鈥檓 thinking about incorporating maple syrup into tonight鈥檚 dinner! Probably maple glazed salmon since I have those ingredients on hand. I鈥檒l likely make a cherry pie this weekend since our trees are full and ripe.

This weekend, we鈥檙e hoping to see some fireworks from a distance and find some secluded lake where we can have a swim! We鈥檒l see how it goes... I have a feeling people might be out en masse and I鈥檓 too pregnant to hike long distances.
Congrats on your baby!! So exciting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Happy Canada Day!

As many foods as I've tried over the years, I've never had poutine. Is is super mushy? Do you have to eat it with a fork? Or is it more like just regular cheese fries that you can scoop with?

We need pics if you do it!

As for me, I'm off early this Saturday! Don't know what I'm going to do, but I am happy about it!
Poutine = fresh fries, topped with cheese curds (squeaky) and gravy just before serving. It's not mushy, if you eat it fast enough, but usually requires a fork. I'm not a fan of most poutine as usually the gravy is either not gluten free or weird and fake tasting, but New York Fries makes a decent one (New York Fries is a Canadian chain that's mostly found in malls). Otherwise once in a blue moon we will make it at home. It's an Eastern Canada thing (Ontario and Quebec) mostly.

Registered
This year I have 4th of July off work and it鈥檚 one of my favorite holidays. Normally I鈥檇 go watch a professional fireworks show in the city I grew up in with my mom, then light off my own fireworks afterward.
I鈥檓 pretty sure there will not be any shows going on in my area. That bums me out because I LOVE fireworks so much. But it鈥檚 for the best. I鈥檒l be lighting off fireworks with my neighbors at home instead. One of my next door neighborS is like me, we both love lighting off fireworks. So that will still be fun.

Registered
I did go kayaking with my spoo for a bit in the afternoon when the rain slowed to a drizzle and she sat in the kayak trying to catch the rain drops when I was paddling! We had the beach to ourselves so I let her run around and play fetch.
I ordered take out on my way home and then had fresh strawberries (picked them the day before), and homemade whip cream + ice cream! And then I bathed the dog. 馃槀

Registered
Love poutine! It is also common in local eateries in northern NY, close to the Canadian border.
Poutine = fresh fries, topped with cheese curds (squeaky) and gravy just before serving. It's not mushy, if you eat it fast enough, but usually requires a fork. I'm not a fan of most poutine as usually the gravy is either not gluten free or weird and fake tasting, but New York Fries makes a decent one (New York Fries is a Canadian chain that's mostly found in malls). Otherwise once in a blue moon we will make it at home. It's an Eastern Canada thing (Ontario and Quebec) mostly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts