Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We finally brought Hank home yesterday! So far he is a pretty great puppy. Doing his business outside, slept for a four hour then five hour stretch last night, seems socialized and very tolerant of being handled, unfazed by the kids.
Took him to the vet this morning and they gave him a clean bill of health! So now, to start working on these puppy behaviors 馃槀 thankfully he鈥檚 a big fan of freeze dried liver.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
What a cutie! Be sure to take plenty of photos! And careful with that liver! Too much will cause very loose stools because it's so rich.
Yes I had read something about that a while back! I gave him one last night and one today, both broken into little pieces at a time. Hopefully as he gets more comfortable he will show more interest in his kibble, because right now he鈥檚 not very food motivated 馃槅

Registered
What a poppet! I second the liver warning - it doesn't take much to have dire results.

Reactions: SSpillies

Super Moderator
Adorable little boy! I'm happy to hear he's settling in so nicely.

Liver treats led to bloody diarrhea in my mini girl. It was quite the scare! I suggest buying some plain chicken breast, baking or boiling it, and cutting it into small pieces. Freeze on a sheet pan and then store in freezer bags. You could also do that with baked and flaked salmon. Stinky treats are often very high value.

Can't wait to see more photos. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Adorable little boy! I'm happy to hear he's settling in so nicely.

Liver treats led to bloody diarrhea in my mini girl. It was quite the scare! I suggest buying some plain chicken breast, baking or boiling it, and cutting it into small pieces. Freeze on a sheet pan and then store in freezer bags. You could also do that with baked and flaked salmon. Stinky treats are often very high value.

Can't wait to see more photos. :)
Thanks for the suggestion! Have some chicken breasts in the freezer I鈥檒l thaw out tonight :)

Registered
Hank is absolutely adorable. What a sweetheart.

There鈥檚 so many healthy treats for dogs that liver should be an occasional treat, maybe once a week.

Premium Member
Hank is so precious - Enjoy puppyhood. When Asta was a puppy he only worked for praise. It would have been so much easier if he would take treats. Tried most all kind of treats and he would put his head up, ignore the treat but would gladly take on tasks with praise.

Registered
What a little doll and oh those eyes!

It's not unusual for a new pup to decline eating for a short time while getting used to his new circumstances. Just keep an eye on him (like you won't lol!).

Reactions: Dogs4Life

Registered
Oh my, I just think he is adorable, how I would love to have a little like him. He has a beautiful poodle coat already! And he just seems to say love me!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts