Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was packing things away ahead of Dorian and couldn’t resist ?. One of my puppies is leaving this weekend . It’s going to be so hard. At the same time the noise level when all four puppies want to get out of their pen and I can’t have them running around at the moment is deafening.

ACD8DE30-E91D-4908-AD32-410E99CCB7C6.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Beautiful photos.
Whoever's coming to pick up a pup is really lucky, I'm sure they'll make a lot of people happy.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awwwww...that must be so hard when they all go. What cute puppies and photo!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks I love these babies. I had a scare that one of the people picking out a girl couldn’t get her. I’m not sure I wouldn’t try to keep a 2nd girl for myself lol. Especially if it’s red. She just gives me looks of love. During our vet trip yesterday all the puppies where whining except for her. She just stared at me , gave a sigh and went to sleep with the other puppies stepping on her. They made it work so they could still get her :angel: so I am happy for them sad for me :aetsch:.

Yes I am glad Dorian missed us. I had my chickens packed up in the garage and water troughs filled for the horses. Bought tons of candles ..oh well I’m ready for the next one.

jojogal001 Where are you in FL? I’m near Clermont.

·
Premium Member
23,233 Posts
Lovely lovely pups. I remember Javelin's breeder being very happy to not have puppies to deal with but being sad also to see them leave. I am very happy all you Floridians got spared Dorian's worst. Feel terrible for the folks in the Bahamas and the Carolinas. We are having Dorian rain, not much wind though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Now don’t get me wrong I love love having them. We’ve enjoyed them so much. The time has really flown by . It’s hard to believe they used to fit in the palm of my hand . I’ve learned so much also and some of it the hard way.

Sandy has been such a good Mom. Even at 8 weeks she still lets them nurse if they want and the last two weeks she has been playing with them. It’s really helped her as she didn’t really know how to play with another dog...just her ball. So the puppies are teaching her and they are all having fun.

I am ready though to start focusing on our puppy and work on training. Can’t wait until she is old enough for puppy classes. My 10yr old daughter really wants to be involved so she will be helping with training.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cute pics!

My mini mutt loves snuggling with me in a hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And we are down to three... sniff. It was nice talking to the stud owner who got 2nd pick of the litter yesterday. She is so nice. She brought one of her mini’s that she is showing and it’s such a big difference in height next to Sandy. Sandy is about 15 1/2 in and her dog is 13in . I didn’t realize the couple of inches makes such a big difference. The stud owner stacked them all on the table and she was really pleased with all of them . Actually she reminded me of me when I couldn’t decide lol. While she was looking over the two girls next to each other on the table my baby was running around causing havoc and having fun to see what trouble she could get into. I think it came down to the way they carried their tails. Though the apricot girl (really both are apricot but one is more red) moves really nice and is really a bold girl her tail is more carried over the back than the other. She actually picked her first and then changed it a couple of times.

The one that we picked is very bold too (actually the most) . She isn’t scared of being placed on the table or pretty much anything. We love her personality. Her tail is more over back also but she has good conformation. I am hoping her size is a little smaller than Sandy’s because it will make traveling a bit easier.

My 10yr old daughter had a very hard time last night. :crying: I think it either hasn’t hit me yet or I’ve already cried so many tears after loosing our runt that I’m cried out.

This picture is right before it hit her that red girl (white toes) is leaving. The future plans for her are to show UKC so she didn’t mind that her toes are white.

53CF0D8D-C43C-4FD0-8ED6-EBBA0B03A66E.jpg

This morning the gate to the puppy pen opened while were we still sleeping . So they had a fun morning tearing the stuffing out of dog bed that had a hole and woke up my son when they decided to explore his room. Luckily I left some peepads down yesterday and they used that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts