Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Petsmart today and picked up some Adult Halo brand "Spot's Stew" dry food for Snoops. I just pulled back the zipper and it's not sealed. Do they only have the zipper closure? I kind of would have expected it to be sealed inside as well. Any dog-hater could easily slip crap into these bags while they are on the shelf. There are little green speckly things all along the inside of the bag as well... is this like, parsley or something???

If anyone knows Halo brand, please let me know if this bag should be sealed?
They say to always check our kids' Halloween treats before feeding them.. so... I don't wanna find a razor blade in here!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Snoops. I would take it back to the store and find out. It doesn't seem right that it wouldn't have a seal on it.

I haven't had a chance to try their food. Since it has lots of good veggies in it that could explain the green spots. It sounds like a really good brand, and it has a great list of wholesome ingredients. I'm looking forward to seeing how you like it. Let us know what you find out regarding the bags.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BFF - I just spoke with Lynn at Halo Foods. She advises me that there is only a zipper closure (no additional safety seal) on the 4lb bag. There are apparently safety seals on the larger bags. The green speckles are the vegetables. They are supposed to settle during the shipping process, but don't always.

I've put in a suggestion to include additional safety seals on all bags, and she is kindly going to submit this for me.

Snoops is eating his new food as we speak.. right by my side. He is loving it!
Now I have my fingers crossed for no upset tummy later on.
The food looks great.. there are little pieces of cranberry and veggies in there. It looks almost appetizing and smells pretty good too! I think this is the first time I'd ever say that about dog food :lol:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
That's good to know on the bags. I know some of them don't vacuum seal either.

I'm so excited Snoops likes his new food....hopefully, he won't have any competition getting a fresh cup! :laugh: It sounds like it would be pretty appetizing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha... when the dog's food looks appealing and appetizing enough for human consumption, I think that's a good sign! I definitely don't have any reservations about feeding this stuff to him.

Snoops is just lucky we aren't trapped on a desert island together, with just a bag full of food between us.. hehehehe :eating::skeleton:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I haven't tried the food yet but I love the Halo shampoo and ear cleaner. I also feed "Halo Dream Coat" to both of the poodles and it really helps with hair growth as well as keeping a nice shiny coat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How nice!

I just switched my dawgs to Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Venison (Star was really having problems with a couple other foods!)

I do want to try Halo as a substitute for variety though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts