Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to find a Halloween costume for my 10week old toy poodle Zuko (1 pound 8 oz) for his first Halloween! Where have some of you found cute (or scary:devilish:) Halloween costumes for your young toy poodles. I've noticed that in local pet stores the smallest size they go is small and that would swallow him up. I am open to all suggestions. 馃巸
IMG_6891.jpg

Registered
I have several costumes given to me for my minipoo. They seem to be built around dog coats.

If you can鈥檛 find one small enough, look for a dog coat that you can decorate for Halloween. Be careful though because puppies like to chew.

Registered
What an adorable puppy!!

I agree with needing to be super careful with chewing because he is so small. Please remember to never leave him unattended in his costume...my little guy was a fabric chewer when he was a pup.

My best advice would be to try Chewy. They usually have very small sizes.

Registered
I would be tempted to just sit him in a large pie dish - he is sweet as pumpkin pie!

Registered
I would be tempted to just sit him in a large pie dish - he is sweet as pumpkin pie!
馃ぃ. He is a very sweet puppy.

Registered
How about making something simple or repurposing a bandana or handkerchief with a design and then making a cape? Like a Superman cape with an S? Or you can go batman? Pretty much any cape wielding superhero. You can even just tie it to the collar, and if too big cut it down to an appropriate size. Or maybe even something that looks like batwings? I've always been a fan of dogs (and cats) with batwings as costumes.

Registered
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to find a Halloween costume for my 10week old toy poodle Zuko (1 pound 8 oz) for his first Halloween! Where have some of you found cute (or scary:devilish:) Halloween costumes for your young toy poodles. I've noticed that in local pet stores the smallest size they go is small and that would swallow him up. I am open to all suggestions. 馃巸 View attachment 470143
So cute!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts