Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Des actually was trimmed up on like Sunday, but I haven't gotten around to making a thread 'till now haha.
So, this haircut was basically a disaster at first. I used a plastic guard comb of 1/2 inch on his body, but all it did was randomly push his hair down and shave parts of him sometimes, etc. He was a lumpy mess, no matter how many times or directions I went over him.
Thankfully, after trying a bunch of things that didn't work, I just gave up and shelled out the $40 for a brand new size 4 blade, which ran smooth as butter over his coat, and gave me some serious hope for his haircut. I HATED his ears at first, but they're growing on me a bit. I feel pretty happy with this haircut though, I haven't actually groomed him myself in a long time, so I was really nervous. Woo! It was a relief, I think he looks pretty good!

First two: Before pictures
He was a fluffy monster! 3 inches on his body, and probably 4.5 on his legs, 5 or so on his TK.

3rd one: During
I was scissoring the inside of his leg, and found it easier to let him rest his paw on top of my head to get it out of my way! It was quite comfy!! :) hahah Desmond loooves leaning on me while we groom, so he was happy! XD

Last ones: After!
Sorry they aren't the greatest pics, some of the ones I got of him from the side/front just aren't flattering lol. I don't care for the ears that much still, I REALLY miss his nice long ears. ): I was just way too over enthusiastic when I trimmed them, I didn't really think about it when I did it. Sigh... oh well, wait for them to grow out I guess.

And the very last one was just a fun action shot while he was chasing a ball. I thought it was cute hahah.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Looks good!

The part that cracks me up about the head/arm resting on said head picture is that he is perfectly ok with it! Like, "Oh yeah, that's why heads were put on this earth... for me to rest my paw on!"

I just looooove Desmond! (And definitely about stole your original idea when re-naming Tate... Dexter was on the table for quite awhile!)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
What a handsome, sweet man! I adore how his paw is on your head and he's just looking around, that's socute! He looked adorable as a fluffy monster, AND as a clean shaved man! :love:

·
Registered
752 Posts
He looks great! No worries. . . and I like his short ears too!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha thanks guys!! I'm glad to hear his ears aren't a disaster. I think they look better lately since they've curled up and don't look like silly puffy earmuffs on the side of his head anymore lol. Still miss that long, huge, fluffy puppy and his pretty silky ears though!! :) he likes his new haircut though, I bet it feels more comfortable. I know I feel good after a short haircut! :p

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
He looks fantastic!
You did a great job :p

hehe, I do the same with Saffy when I am brushing/drying.. I lean her leg on my head/should like that.. works well eh :p

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He looks fabulous! I am super impressed!

I groomed Jager last weekend and cut him shorter than I intended and also cut his ears way too short (and cut the hair behind his ears--eek! I know better) and I have been too embarrassed to post any pictures of his hack job... :eek:hwell:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts