Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new friend of mine told me about a supplement for horses that is for coat. She decided to use some in her poodles food, and says it seems to work. I saw her 7 month old toy this weekend, and she has at least 5-6inches of hair on her head. Has anyone tried this formula? It is called Farnam Super 14.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
One of the ladies on here has tremenous amount of hair on her standard and she was using fish oil with her dogs from GNC.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
One of the ladies on here has tremenous amount of hair on her standard and she was using fish oil with her dogs from GNC.
And silica which I tried to buy last night and CVS did not have it !!! so iherb here I come lol

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I think I'm going to try and stay away from fish oil.. We have a couple dogs that come into the salon that get fishy foods and they smell like fish when you bathe and clip them.

I don't know if it's just when you feed them a fishy kibble, or if its fish oil.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I think I'm going to try and stay away from fish oil.. We have a couple dogs that come into the salon that get fishy foods and they smell like fish when you bathe and clip them.

I don't know if it's just when you feed them a fishy kibble, or if its fish oil.
The ones from GNC do not smell like fish at all and I believe these are the same ones being used on Vaus. I used them and they have a lemon scent/flavor ( when you burp). I do not like fish so this is why I got those GNC ones for my self.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I use the GNC triple fish oil capsules and silica for my boy. The capsules don't have a fishy odor or taste to them. Silica also called horsetail is a good supplement for hair, skin, and nails. Since I have been using it on Vaus his hair grows like a weed. Only thing though, his nails grow like crazy so he gets them grinded every three days to keep them short. Only takes about 5 minutes and he doesn't mind at all!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've used the Super 14 for my horses with great results. It really helps to sleek them out in the spring. I give the corgi's a bit as top dressing to their food in the spring as well. Helps the under coat shed and they get really glossy. As far as growth.....I've never heard Super 14 used for that. It is great for skin and hair health though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts