Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is "Gypsy" and she is my poodle's (Patch) mother. She is such a calm girl and just loves kids....she kinda lazily follows them around like a nursemaid...it's very cute. She's also, apparently, very huggable.

I have to admit, I'm loving this breed more and more each day. I simply have never seen such family and kid-friendly animals before. I've had great dogs in the past, but they never came with such a good nature with NO training...especially around children.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great markings on you spoo. I tried to enlarge the pics so I
could get a better look, but no luck. Do you live anywhere near
Harrogate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not so close, but not too far away....

It takes me about 1 hr 15 minutes to get to Harrogate. I have to traverse to the Interstate and then drive about 50 miles....I'm secluded...lol.

My kids grandmother raises these poodles and she's had numerous kudos for their laid back demeanor....I must say I love Patch a lot. Here is a link to an enlarged photo of her lying down.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=652970

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you somewhere in Scott Co? I live in Knox Co, but am in Scott Co for business multiple times per year. As you can see I have a parti spoo also. I tried the link for a larger pic but with no luck. Love the markings, but of course I'm partial to partis.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Been ATVing in Fentress Co. a few times. Stayed at Bucks cabin and had a few GREAT breakfast sandwiches at the Forbus (I think) Country Store. It reminds me of my home in Harlan Co. KY. Almost bought a place to relax at and ATV a few years back, but we ended up buying a relatives childhood house back in Harlan Co.

I really wish I knew about your relatives and them breeding partis about a year a go. Googled many, many, many times for a standard parti breeded in TN but only found one in west tn and didn't follow up on that. Ended up getting Poppy from OH.

Not that I would trade Poppy for anything, we love her and she is a wonderful addition to our family!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right down the road...

I've stayed in the cabin at Buck's...small world eh? LOL Forbus is famous for fudge...hope you bought some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts