Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a poodle puppy and discovered that Gulf Breeze Poodles has one, possibly two, available puppies. I spoke to Terry and she seems really sweet. Does anyone have input on this breeder?

Terry sent testing results on the sire and dam. She explained that the sire is Russian, and I believe his test results are therefore not recorded with OFA. Does this make sense?

I’d really like to move forward with this breeder. Getting a dog in mid-August is perfect timing, as I’ll almost certainly still be working remotely full-time due to the pandemic then, and there will therefore be two adults, my husband and myself, available to attend to the pup 24/7. Terry says her dogs have laid-back dispositions, which is extremely important to me. If I can only be assured that all testing is in order, I’ll be excited to commit.

I want to thank this forum - and Rose ‘N Poos - for the comprehensive breeder listing and the especially the Litters from Health Tested Poodles Facebook group recommendation. I found Terry and her poodles within an hour of joining this group. 🙂

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'm very glad that the list helped! A search of PF brings up several recommendations from members. one being another well respected breeder/member.

It's not uncommon for a breeder to import new blood. They may be selecting for color or other physical features or to increase the genetic diversity or other reasons, but those will be to improve something.

Have you looked yourself to see if his results are listed or is this what you were told? This question hadn't come up before so I don't actually know whether OFA has geographic or other restrictions. I'll check that out so I'll be more prepared.

Whether his results are accepted by OFA or only available thru his home country's testing source, I'd feel very comfortable proceeding.

Happy Puppy to you!!!

Reactions: Elizabeth

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I don't have a lot of knowledge on this nor do I know the breeder however they look very good to me. I'd probably take my concern to the breeder and go with her advise. It looks like she has been doing all the right stuff so I don't think she would jeopardize her line. But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you! I’ve placed a deposit on a white male pup and I’m over the moon. I’m sure I’ll be posting puppy questions over in the Poodle Talk forum. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
Thanks to both of you! I’ve placed a deposit on a white male pup and I’m over the moon. I’m sure I’ll be posting puppy questions over in the Poodle Talk forum. 🙂
I just felt a little shiver of excitement as though I just put a deposit down on a puppy! I'm so happy for you, and how wonderful that Poodle Forum was such a big help. I can't wait to use Rose's list myself one of these days.

Keep us posted on your little boy. Will be waiting patiently for photos.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you 🙂

I got one pic of him drinking from a bottle, but I don’t Terry meant that for public distribution. She will take more pictures when the puppies’ eyes open. I can’t wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts