Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 10 days now, Beckie has been back to her old self. It took more than 2 months, from the onset of her first heat, for her usual bouncy temperament to come back.

It took so long I had forgotten how crazy she can be. And Merlin too... We are all adapting to her now.

I had even stopped buying toys, she wouldn’t touch them. She is very curious and today she had to sniff the paint can very close. You can see her new toupet color here...

Poor thing is getting spayed, tear dock unblocked (it hopefully works) and 2 baby canine removed on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Beckie is so cute! I hope her vet procedures go well. Glad to hear that she is “back to normal” now after her heat. I feel like my Luna is still a bit off after her first heat too - she is about a month out. I hope she get some back to her normal self soon too. Glad to know that it may be possible that she is still just hormonal.

·
Registered
12,206 Posts
What a poppet! Has she been going through a phantom? Sophy is now so predictable I mark the key points on my calendar to remind myself not to worry - 3 weeks after day 9 = not wanting breakfast for a few days; 8-9 weeks after day 9 = nesting and cuddling; 9-12 weeks after day 9 = slight lactation and an itchy tummy. Fortunately she remains cheerful throughout.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beckie is so cute! I hope her vet procedures go well. Glad to hear that she is “back to normal” now after her heat. I feel like my Luna is still a bit off after her first heat too - she is about a month out. I hope she get some back to her normal self soon too. Glad to know that it may be possible that she is still just hormonal.
There a big change she’s having a hormonal change. She should be back soon ! :)

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a poppet! Has she been going through a phantom? Sophy is now so predictable I mark the key points on my calendar to remind myself not to worry - 3 weeks after day 9 = not wanting breakfast for a few days; 8-9 weeks after day 9 = nesting and cuddling; 9-12 weeks after day 9 = slight lactation and an itchy tummy. Fortunately she remains cheerful throughout.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.
It’s crazy isn’t it ? I thought she was having a phantom but if she did, it was very short lived. She still has bigger nipples than before though.

·
Premium Member
22,858 Posts
Oops! Silly girlie. I am glad she is back to her silly self and hope her vet procedures go smooth as silk.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
As long as they move s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y around a paint can... that someone left within reach... can't think who :angel2: ... she's the best!

Chicken soup for her when you bring her home tomorrow, eh mom! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
Hope the procedures go well tomorrow for Beckie and that she’s willing to take it easy while she heals. Keeping a young poodle quiet after surgery is the hardest part. Hugs to all.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
She is just adorable! Hope all goes smoothly for her procedures and she’s back to her mischief making self in no time!

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Silly girl - just having a little fun. It could be worse, years ago we were painting and our cat cajoled our toy poodle to step into the latex paint and then walk it around the living room carpet. OMG - what a mess to clean up her paw. I didn't worry about the carpet because we were replacing it a few days later - but there were paw prints everywhere. Isn't painting fun with pets.

Good luck tomorrow on her surgery. Hope it goes smooth.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Will be thinking of sweet Beckie today....hope all goes well and her recovery is uncomplicated and swift!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts