Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a very nice PF member and experienced poodle owner whose daughter lives on Long Island. We got to meet them for a short visit yesterday late in the afternoon in between everyone's holiday visiting with family members.

So think about who you might guess it is. Here are a couple of hints: she traveled a very long way, an interest in poodles is also shared by a common interest in chickens and this nice lady has lots more than just owning poodles in her wheelhouse.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I love these games! I don't know if she has a daughter, but maybe Johanna?

Well then that was too easy! Yes Johanna. I am sad to say neither of us thought to memorialize our meeting with a picture. It was cold and hectic where we met. I forgot they would be lighting the Christmas tree at the Village Dock Park. There were lots of people, quite a number of dogs and reindeer to boot. It took a bit of work to keep Javelin's head on straight. However both the poodles took quite a liking to Johanna and her daughter. I hope she enjoyed meeting them as much as they did her. Since her Zoe is still out with Betty Brown showing I suspect she enjoyed having a dose of poodle love on her.

She is traveling home today. Hopefully she will have an easy trip!

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I figured chickens was a give away. One of the things I realized (as often happens when I do outings like this) is that Javelin and I have to go to this park on our own without Lily to egg him on and work on his excitability at seeing other dogs outside obedience settings where he is good because the other dogs are good. He can be a bit over the top on his behavior in places like this. Partly I think Lily gets him amped up and partly I think he thinks he needs to protect us, plus a bit of youngster exuberance for good measure.

Reactions: Mfmst and zooeysmom

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I'm home again - after a long, long flight. It was snowing and blowing in Denver so my flight from Denver to Albuquerque was delayed by almost 4 hours. Got home at 5am! (left New York on a 7pm flight)

It was wonderful to be able to meet Catherine, Lily, and Javelin. I fell in love with Lily because she reminds me so much of a poodle I had and dearly loved many years ago. Javvie is a big, sweet boy. He was really excited about all the dogs in the park, not to mention the reindeer! I agree, Catherine, that he was being very protective since he did not know those dogs. He wants to be the "big dog in charge".

I really admired their winter jackets - it was bitter cold and a bit windy, so a windbreaker made them much more comfortable, I think. I wish I could have had Zoe with me - she would have loved playing with them.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Johanna I am so glad to see that you got home safely even with that big lay over in Denver. Thank you so much for the kind words about my silly spoos. You have Lily's number right on. She is a silly sweet people lover. and my big boy does like to think he should be in charge of keeping everyone safe.

For those who haven't seen their coats, they are Foggy Mountain nylon turnout coats. Foggy Mountain Dog Coats » Nylon Turnout - Foggy Mountain Dog Coats - Foggy Mountain Dog Coats
Javelin's is royal blue and Lily's is purple. I love them for chilly but not show laden days.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I'm jealous - I would love to meet both Catherine and Johanna - and Lily, Javelin and Zoe. And to introduce Babykins to her fellow poodlekind.

Reactions: lily cd re
1 - 8 of 8 Posts