Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I promise to be finished posting anything photo related after this :)! Sorry, we've had such lousy weather it's nice to shoot without the mud and dreariness .

In the beginning Jasper had no interest in a ball whatsoever. Over the last month or so he's started getting the hang of fetch. I wouldn't exactly call him ball motivated LOL, but he likes to chase after it for a bit. Today was beautiful :rose: so we walked down to the park and played for a while. He lost BOTH lower canines while playing so we didn't get to play for long.

Here are a couple of videos from today:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well done! We have trouble with Gorky releasing the ball. He wants to tease us. And well done for figuring out the embedding of the video.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
awwwh Jasper is gorgeous!!
its good to see he knows leave it xD
Elphaba has the fetch part down pat, we're working on leave it right now though lol

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I sware it's like a child taking his first step when they do things like this!! Wonderful video and I am happy to see any pics and vid you have. YAH Jas!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were pretty psyched! He's still good about not going far away from me, so I have to be careful with how far I throw it or he won't retrieve.

I can't take credit for teaching him to release the ball. He is a goof and spits. (grass, twigs, balls...) Really spits! He'll usually spit the ball out as soon as he gets back to me. Sometimes he spits it hard enough that he has to re-fetch it again. Yeah, he's a goober LOL.

"Leave it", however, I can take credit for ;). We get lots of practice everyday with the cat!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh my - he is just a doll !!!! :)

So spunky and happy and sooooo gorgeous !!!! Please do not "slow down" with photos and videos !!!!!:smow: It is such a joy watching him : )))!

I was laughing so much about "leave it " and a "cat" LMAO - you have to make video of the two of them interacting - must be adorable and funny at the same time : )) !!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my - he is just a doll !!!! :)

So spunky and happy and sooooo gorgeous !!!! Please do not "slow down" with photos and videos !!!!!:smow: It is such a joy watching him : )))!

I was laughing so much about "leave it " and a "cat" LMAO - you have to make video of the two of them interacting - must be adorable and funny at the same time : )) !!!
The thing I love about Jasper is that he doesn't do anything half-a**ed. He puts his all into everything, good or bad LOL. Very smart puppy.

He and the cat are a pair, I'll have to get updated shots/videos of them together. They are hilarious.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sounds like his personality is a lot like Teddy's. There's nothing better than a happy poodle!

Teddy likes to play fetch, but he thinks the point of it is to make me chase him when he brings the ball back. Honestly, I never thought of using the leave it or drop it on that. He doesn't usually run off very far until he drops and rolls over and "lets" me take the ball from his mouth.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Awesome! Spoos are retrievers afterall lol! Mister LIVES for fetch! He can go forever and will drop the ball and have it roll to me and then get so excited for me to chuck it again. He is a goof.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isn't it great when they have so much fun?!

Marian, what if you had a treat to exchange for the ball? I'm not much help, Jasper is my shadow dog so getting him back to me isn't a problem :wacko:. Initially he didn't have any interest in going to get the ball... at all! Which, of course, completely defeated the purpose of fetch LOL.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wonderful!! Love the way he runs like a child who hasn't quite got the balance thing together yet!! LOL He's a lovely fellow.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Isn't it great when they have so much fun?!

Marian, what if you had a treat to exchange for the ball? I'm not much help, Jasper is my shadow dog so getting him back to me isn't a problem :wacko:. Initially he didn't have any interest in going to get the ball... at all! Which, of course, completely defeated the purpose of fetch LOL.
I tried using drop it with a treat when he brought the ball back and it worked. The problem was that if he saw me reach for the treat in my pocket before he brought the ball back, he would abandon the ball at the far end of the yard. Then I would have to fetch it myself. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts