Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to get an envelop from AKC with a certificate for AKC Achiever Dog for Babykins.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Asta's Mom, thanks. DH and I just love her.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Congratulations to you two as a great team, so based on rally, tricks and obedience I guess. I was super surprised to get one for Javelin (Lily not so much since she has done so much).

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations to you two as a great team, so based on rally, tricks and obedience I guess. I was super surprised to get one for Javelin (Lily not so much since she has done so much).
I haven't done Rally in AKC so I'm guessing it was the agility title that must have sparked this. It is a nice surprise to get in the mail isn't it?

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Okay, yes agility then. It is a nice title to get since it is about how versatile your dog is.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To think this all started because I took her to a basic obedience class.

At this class I discovered there was something called Therapy Dogs and Canine Good Citizenship for which you could take classes and then an exam at the end. From there it snowballed...... Poodles are so versatile.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a nice surprise to receive in the mail! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think AKC was smart to make this because it feels encouraging and it is nice to have it recognized. And who doesn’t like good surprises.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wonderful! Babykins is really special, so it's nice that she has been recognized for her achievements (and yours, of course!).

I'll tell Zoe that her cousin is way ahead of her and that she'd better get busy learning and doing!

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone.

Johanna I sometimes wish I had known then what I know now. After reading about members here showing their poodles in conformation I regret I didn’t give that a try. Although I couldn’t have done it with Babykins because she’s spayed and slightly oversized, I can live vicariously through you and Zoe.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Skylar she could potentially be shown in UKC conformation.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Skylar she could potentially be shown in UKC conformation.
Possibly but there’s no UKC near me

I looked up their requirements and they have the same height limit of 15” at the withers so if anyone came to measure we could be disqualified.

They state they have the right to measure and weight dogs. Fox terriers they have a requirement that those dogs must be weighed before each show. So they could be prepared to measure height too.

My next poodle haha.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts