Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year, when I wrap gifts for the holidays, I make custom sticky labels for each gift. As soon as I wrap a gift I stick a label saying who the gift is for and who it is from so I don't confused and mix up gifts.

I have Avery labels - I use their templates to make my labels. Guess what I found.... a grey poodle wearing a Santa hat. Of course I had to use that image on my labels. The labels I use are 5160 which are commonly used as return address labels.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you ever thrilled to see a poodle when you least expected it? Maybe in an ad or on a T-shirt or apron?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Guilty lol. If on tv, I roll it back to see it again, if online I take a screenshot, if in a store, I take pictures.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rose n Poos, my favorite sighting of a poodle is Lenny in The Secret Lives of Pets - my dog’s favorite movie.

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Every year, when I wrap gifts for the holidays, I make custom sticky labels for each gift. As soon as I wrap a gift I stick a label saying who the gift is for and who it is from so I don't confused and mix up gifts.

I have Avery labels - I use their templates to make my labels. Guess what I found.... a grey poodle wearing a Santa hat. Of course I had to use that image on my labels. The labels I use are 5160 which are commonly used as return address labels.
You are SO organized! Gift bags were made for me, my wrapped presents were never that attractive. Now, I buy one gift box and put presents in those. The recipient gets a storage box too:)

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are SO organized! Gift bags were made for me, my wrapped presents were never that attractive. Now, I buy one gift box and put presents in those. The recipient gets a storage box too:)
I have to be organized, haha, or I can’t remember.

One year I got really smart and bought my kids specialty foods and packed them into a Trader Joe’s large rectangle blue insulated bag. Topped with a big bow.

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
I have to be organized, haha, or I can’t remember.

One year I got really smart and bought my kids specialty foods and packed them into a Trader Joe’s large rectangle blue insulated bag. Topped with a big bow.
I can just lift the lid, if I can’t remember:) We have a small family, and have all mutually agreed that now that the kids are grown, we do birthdays, immediate family only for Christmas. I love an online company that wraps, worth it to me given my skills.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m too cheap to pay some to wrap. I bought really nice quality gift wrap at Costco, heavy so it doesn’t rip as you wrap and a grid on the back so it’s easy to cut.

BTW our local human society has a gift wrapping area where they wrap gifts for a donation which is really nice for people who need help.

I’ve tried to convince my kids to do something else for the gift exchange such as giftin to charities in their names etc. or buying cheap gag gifts etc. nope they want that big gift exchange so I continue. I will say it’s fun to see what everyone got. My kids tend to find creative gifts such as a cat scratch toy that looked like a 3d record player.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that's a lot of poodle sighting. You've got great poodle radar finding all of those.

I'm trying to figure out what the poodle from Bath and Body Works is supposed to be doing?

Seems like a trend to have a long pointy snout as in the poodle tree ornaments from Walmart.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Are you ever thrilled to see a poodle when you least expected it? Maybe in an ad or on a T-shirt or apron?
Last year Trader Joe's had holiday dog biscuits in various breed shapes. One was a Poodle, and the Spoo on the box illustrations was a really lovely silver.

Trying to get back there this week in hopes they've restocked this year. They were sort of a ginger cinnamon sort of cookie, and Oliver loved them ??.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last year Trader Joe's had holiday dog biscuits in various breed shapes. One was a Poodle, and the Spoo on the box illustrations was a really lovely silver.

Trying to get back there this week in hopes they've restocked this year. They were sort of a ginger cinnamon sort of cookie, and Oliver loved them ??.
Oh no I completely missed that. Wow holiday dog biscuits shaped like dogs, and one was a poodle. OMG and I have a silver poodle ?

Reactions: Streetcar

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of poodle sighting. You've got great poodle radar finding all of those.

I'm trying to figure out what the poodle from Bath and Body Works is supposed to be doing?
The bath & body works pood has s little pouch where you put a scent of your choice. It is suppose to be for your car and you clip it onto the air vent I think ?? I put mine in my closet.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s really cute. It has a retro feel to it.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
My first grandchild, a girl is due in March, so please give me a heads up on any baby clothes with poodles on them. I've already found some Hanna Andersson clothes with Poodles, but any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
My first grandchild, a girl is due in March, so please give me a heads up on any baby clothes with poodles on them. I've already found some Hanna Andersson clothes with Poodles, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Congratulations! How exciting! I never had children, but I wish I could have grandkids. Such a gift.

There are some really cute poodle prints on Etsy. I love this set, especially the hat and leggings:

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Oh my goodness - or this!!! Adorable.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I was so excited when I went into a Greek store near an HBCU and discovered that the poodle is the symbol of the black sorority Sigma Gamma Rho. So many poodle options - clothing, purses, every accessory you can imagine!

"The Poodle like the Sigma woman has the potential to excel at anything that she puts her mind to…"

Agreed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts