Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have access to Hoopla you will find the 2008 edition available to read for free. You can borrow it for 21 days.

I have Hoopla through my library, it’s one of the benefits of having a library card.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I read it on hoopla the first time, and have since bought an electronic copy and a physical copy. Stuff does move on and off hoopla from time to time, but it is an incredible resource. I love that the definitive grooming text is accessible for free, and hope it stays on there forever.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VJM You are right, things move on and off on hoopla and it’s not always clear what the pattern is. While most of their offerings are older, or not the most popular, they do have some wonderful surprises if you have the patience to dig and look for them.

I was shocked to discover they have a lot of the Great Courses available currently. Not the most popular ones, but a lot of good choices. We’re currently watching the Secret Life of Words Which we’ve seen before but it’s still fun to watch again. For those who don’t know, Great Courses offers lectures similar to a first year university course in a series of half hour lectures. They carefully chose professors who not only make the topic easy to understand but are such good speakers that it’s a joy to listen too.

Not all libraries offer Hoopla If yours does its worth checking out. I have found a lot of excellent dog training books by quality dog trainers. However there’s a lot of vanity press and total junk in the dog training book section so you do need to be careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts