Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I went on vacation and left Babykins with my daughter on her horse farm. OMG did she have fun, I wasn't sure she would come home with me... But she did, I think she was exhausted from all the fun and mischief she got into.

Here are my three favorite pictures. I've entered July's photo contest - the first time I've entered. I thought I would paste some photos here for those of you who may not check out the contest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Oh my what a dirty girl laying in that puddle, but she looks very delighted with herself.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DH and I nearly died of laughter the first time she sent us that mud wallowing photo.

Everyone thinks poodles are so prissy and refined..... not my dog.

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Registered
733 Posts
She looks like she had a ton of fun! The photo of her laying in mud was by far my favorite. She and Evie would probably get along quite nicely considering that Evie likes to play in the mud.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes she would love to play with Evie. She adores poodles. And mud.

Reactions: EVpoodle

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm glad Babykins had a wonderful vacation. Zoe would love that puddle! Blessedly, it rarely rains here.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Johanna count yourself lucky.

I did have serious concerns about this mud because Babykins sleeps in bed with us. Luckily a good hosing down in the barn’s wash stall works as well on poodles as it does on horses.....not that I would want to share my bed with a horse. But I didn’t want any dirt or funky smells in my bed.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Looks like she had a blast! :) It's funny for me to see a dog so happy being in a puddle, because my two dogs avoid any sort of standing water. They really do not even like wet grass.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What delightful pictures! She looks so happy and pleased with just being a 'farm dog'! LOL!!!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. Yes definitely Backwoods Barbie.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
She looks happy in her puddle! I’m sure it’s nice to know she was having a good time when you were gone.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
These are the best pictures ever--they truly capture the happiness she felt on vacation on the farm! Maizie loves to lie in mud puddles too. I have learned to like brown and grey bedding and blankets LOL

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha. Luckily my daughter was able to wash all the mud off...she used horse shampoo.

And it was nice being in Italy and able to fully enjoy ourselves because I knew Babykins was having such a good time.

If anything happens to DH and I such that we can’t care for Babykins, my daughter will be the one to take her. While I don’t think anything will happen, it’s reassuring that there’s a wonderful relationship and my daughter loves and wants her.

And I’m glad she’s silver...it hides dirt better than white.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jojogal, I did wonder if I should show it, but she clearly is so happy that I had to post it here and show it to all my friends.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts