Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way to a dog trial and stopped at a stop sign waiting for a break in the traffic to turn right at the intersection and merge into traffic when I got rear ended by a truck. The last thing I or anyone needs is to be rear ended.

Luckily they weren’t driving very fast and Babykins and I were both belted with car seat belts. Babykins was in her sleepypod harness. But it was scary nonetheless.

It reminded me that an accident can happen anywhere and how important it is for pets to travel safely in the car both for their sake and everyone else on the road.

Anyhow we’re both okay. But now I’m dealing with running the car to the body shop for an estimate, speaking to claims adjusters and I’ll be driving a rental car while my in being repaired. The truck had a tiny dent that you need a microscopic to see. I’m thinking I should get a truck.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I’m glad you and Babykins are okay ! It sure sucks to get rear ended, it’s such a hassle, but no one was hurt and that’s what’s most important.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Dechi, the most important thing is no one was hurt.

Reactions: MaizieFrosty

·
Premium Member
23,178 Posts
I am glad you are both okay. This kind of accident is why I like having an SUV, even though it didn't save me from the nonsense of getting T boned in my driveway (on September 5th) and from which I only finally expect to get my vehicle back at the end of the week.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
I am so relieved you and Babykins are alright. Hold onto that, as you go through the irritating paperwork and repair process. Hugs from Houston, as it certainly was a terrifying experience.

A friend’s car, with one child belted and the other in a car seat, was rear ended at a higher speed. Their Volvo was the hero, and they still only buy Volvo’s. We have so many trucks and SUV’s here, I am extra careful in my little car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm so glad you're both okay. My Mom & I were in town a couple of years ago & she got rear ended by a guy driving a big dodge duley truck. He had a big ol nasty dent & my Mom's Jeep Compass had a small split in the bumper & the officer on the scene had to squint to see it up close. There was damage that couldn't be seen from our vantage point but the officer & driver that hit us were impressed with her Compass & truthfully so was I.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
What a big hassle, to be without your vehicle - having to drive a rental, and put up with insurance claims. But most important is that you and Babykins are fine. How scary. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh wow! I'm so glad you guys are okay. But yeah, what a pita to deal with all that now. Grrrrrrr. What was his excuse? I have been rear ended so many times over the years. One summer - 3 times! And more recently when I lived in my last town. My ex and I were at a stop sign and this drunk guy ran into my previous Cadillac, messed up the bumper and part of the fender. You know what he said? "You stopped too long." OMG! Anyhow, glad you are all right and you are so wise to put your dog in a safe way when in the car. So many people do not.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. I drive an SUV but I was hit by a large heavy pickup truck. It was towo guys in their twenties who were off to watch car racing. They were both nice and polite and the driver apologized and said he just wasn’t paying attention. He might have been daydreaming that he was racing?

I’m thankful that Babykins acted completely normal in our morning proofing class and tonight’s obedience rally class. It helped that we were doing fun things like directed jumping and broad jump. I’m so thankful.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
:nod:So glad you are both okay.............and sorry for the hassle you are now dealing with:banghead: !!! (been there, done that!)

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
So good to know you're both ok and the two young men also. Thankfully this is nothing but a figurative PITA.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I. The end it’s just a PITA.

And a reminder to hug your poodles and pets.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
530 Posts
Skylar, I'm glad you and Babykins are okay. Too bad about your car, though. I hope it's a quick repair.

PB- THREE rear ends in one summer?! That's amazingly bad luck. If it makes you feel any better I know someone who had a helicopter crash into them while they were driving (everyone was fine, car and helicopter totaled). So, you know, "could be worse". As drivers we look everywhere but up. However I continue to feel confident I will never be hit by a helicopter.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG A helicopter?.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
My niece once had to do an emergency stop when a small plane landed on the motorway just ahead of her - fortunately no one was hurt then, either!

I am glad you and Babykins were fine after your misadventure, Skylar. Even a slow speed shunt is a jolt, and a reminder that the little tin boxes we drive around in are not impervious to harm.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
So sorry that happened. I am glad you are all safe. They re did the highway outside our subdivision, calling it now a super highway. Its awful. You can no longer drive straight across the road at the light you are forced to make right turns only and then ross 3 lanes of traffic to get into a left lane to go to a special left turn or to a Uturn. People are making turns at the left turns where its not permitted and of course hit you as you try to go during your time to get in left lane. You use to be able to go straight across the road and get to the big box stores now you always have to go right to go left. Its crazy and there are still lots of accidents however the north to south traffic moves well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was on the way to a dog trial and stopped at a stop sign waiting for a break in the traffic to turn right at the intersection and merge into traffic when I got rear ended by a truck. The last thing I or anyone needs is to be rear ended.

Luckily they weren’t driving very fast and Babykins and I were both belted with car seat belts. Babykins was in her sleepypod harness. But it was scary nonetheless.

It reminded me that an accident can happen anywhere and how important it is for pets to travel safely in the car both for their sake and everyone else on the road.

Anyhow we’re both okay. But now I’m dealing with running the car to the body shop for an estimate, speaking to claims adjusters and I’ll be driving a rental car while my in being repaired. The truck had a tiny dent that you need a microscopic to see. I’m thinking I should get a truck.
Yep, I drive a pickup with a screen and dog hammock in the back.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts