Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
She looks like a blue to me. Silver would have a lighter face and probably have started clearing at that age.

Anyways, she's darling!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok well i was reading about the dfferences between blues and silvers she has alot of the traits a silver does not that i prefer one of the other but she has like white in between her paws silver eyebrows and her legs and base of her tail are very platnium silver and alot of her fur is light but the top of her sides and back are a gray color...but again i could be wrong? i dunno lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
how old is your mini? my blue spoo is 7 months old and considerably darker than your mini although she is getting progressively lighter by the month. yours looks almost phantom! but could be blue or silver depending on how old she is...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Either a silver

or

A Blue/Silver Phantom....

I am so sure some of these so called "silvers" are verging on being phantom...

hmmm...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Either a silver

or

A Blue/Silver Phantom....

I am so sure some of these so called "silvers" are verging on being phantom...

hmmm...
I thought the exact same thing.
Depending on how old she is, she looks like a phantom to me. Blue/Silver. If she's just a pup, she may be a silver, but does bear quite a bit of resemblance to a phantom.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The reason I think she's not silver (please correct me if I'm wrong) is she doesn't have the light-coloured face, or light-coloured *roots*.

Examples:
My girl at 3/4months

Six months

7/8 months

A year old

And then her in my siggie pic (though shaved down) at now 16 months

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I've had her for a week from the rescue i know she is like 8 months too and didnt know poodles change color until recently...Can someone give me some insight of what color she is?? I have better pics this time!:)
What a sweet girl! I am "guessing" Silver - - :) Enjoy your new baby. Hope she is doing well.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Her face looks pretty light to me... just fluffy. I wonder what she'd look like with her face shaved.

No expert here, but I am guessing silver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you all

thank you all! she is very sweet also...but if anyone knows any other facts on the color changes of blues and silvers please help me with the facts!!! thx!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
how old is your mini? my blue spoo is 7 months old and considerably darker than your mini although she is getting progressively lighter by the month. yours looks almost phantom! but could be blue or silver depending on how old she is...

well she is 8 months and has aready gotten quite a bit lighter in a week which is the amount of time ive had her from the rescue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also

i believe she is clearing... if you look around the back side at the back legs she is a way lighter color than the top of her back and i read thats where the color starts to "clear" first!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You have to remember there is a range in every color and sometimes it's hard to tell when a dark silver becomes a light blue, IMO. For that matter when does a light red become a dark apricot, a light cream become white or a light brown become a cafe au lait? It's hard to tell where the line is sometimes, at least for me it is.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think you will get a better read on what color she is in a few months and I'd get her face shaved to see what color it is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts