Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrrr.... Saleen can be a a naughty puppy LoL.

The bean is becoming espeicaly fond of retrieving Anything. Usually we try to use a bone or a ball or her kong. She's getting good :)
Problem: She now thinks picking up and carrying anything is the "in" thing to do. This translates into picking up shoes (which every puppy does at one time or another), bags, the remote, the phone, soda cans right off the table, dog bowls and my personal favorite (sarcasim) A drinking glass out of the sink.

This morning goober me decided that beanie did not need to be locked in her crate while I took a shower. I got out to find a big mess. Doh!! *smacks head*
Amid the mess I found what was left of one of my pretty blue glass tumbler glasses all over the kitchen floor. Darn it! Those were a gift!! She had apparently "retrived" the glass out of the sink. How she managed that is so far a mystery.. She dropped it though and it shattered. Soooo yay, 8am and I am on my hands and knees with a dust buster trying to make sure that every last spec of glass was off the floor. I found two very large peices of the glass in the living room where it seems that she carried them. :mmph:

I guess it's time for she and I to have a little talk about how the things put up on the counter are NOT her's and would she kindly leave those alone... LoL.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Haha your stories always crack me up and makes me thankful Enzo is not being naughty ( except for him wanting to hold his pee and poop forever at dog park and walks and relieves himself in the apt lol … he started this when we ALLOWED him to sleep outside the crate! So problem if fixed since he is back in there, weirdo dog)

I have a story about retrieving , been teaching enzo to hold , pick up and give , out or drop command. I only play with this for maybe 15 mins total in like 2 days weeks apart. Last night I told him to pick up my bra on the floor and give it to me LOL I was so shocked that he did it . I was also lmao and my sister was cracking up also so we will have a professional bra retrieving dog soon.:madgrin:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh, yeah....

Mine have a checkered past as well. Though not 'retrievers', they were certainly thieves. Little Miss Cleo once stole a large tamale off the counter when we weren't in the kitchen. Complete with hot sauce, she downed the whole thing, then trotted upstairs with this "Um-yum, that was SO good!" look on her face. We were aghast. We just knew there was going to be digestive hell to pay.:flame:
Nope. No problemo, tamale esta bien.
She got called Cha-cha or Chica for a long time after that.

Great story... good luck with that!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
LOL... yep, they surely can keep you hopping, can't they? Great story. yeah, I guess you and her need a one on one discussion... mine - yours, mine - yours, mine - yours....lol.

Sometimes when I am sitting in my chair in the living room eating dinner and watching tv, one or more of the dogs will decide that they have to sit and stare and me just hoping that my food will miraculously come their way... I always tell them "go lay down, you don't see me eating out of your dish, do you?" I really don't care to be stared at while I am eating, and I really dislike it when they start salivating and dripping drool out of their mouths because they just KNOW that it has to be good and can almost taste it already...lol.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LoL, Well at least your brood just stare and drool. Saleenie Beanie just invites herself on up on the couch and "Wow thanx for sharing mom!"
Ummm nooo, not cool. We are getting down with the general house manners training now. Saleen is learning that while we love her dearly things like jumping, stealing, bite, barking, and chasing the cats are not rewarding behaviors. She doesn't quite understand why some of those behaviors are important but we're getting there.

Bad girl is having a really really difficult time understanding she can't just help herself to whatever she pleases. Today she was running around in the salon waiting for our first appt. of the day. She went behind the counter and stole a whole pack of smokes that belonged to the other shop owner. Guess she's decided to take up smoking because when she realized we were going to take the pack away from her she snatched three or four our of the package and just ran off with those. Naughty girl ROFL! I told her she was waaaayyyy to young to be smoking and we don't allow that in our household... Hahaha!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think the worst theft ever was done by our German Shepherd Pandora. My boyfriend thought it was just amazing how easy shepherds are to train, especially with a clicker! We trained her all sorts of stuff she'll sit, give high 5 and 10, crawl, spin, roll over, sit pretty, play dead, etc... the list goes on. Well we started trying to teach her other random tricks like bringing her leash and Evan saw a video of an Australian shepherd grabbing a drink from the fridge and bringing it. So he tried teaching this to her, well she mastered opening the fridge door but was reluctant to grab cold drinks. So, we gave up...

or so we thought, until we spent roughly $40 on some amazing quality rib eyes and had them marinading and everything. She's never been a chewer and out of the puppy stage but we made a quick grocery run for some baked potatoes to go with it.

We came home...fridge open and all 3 steaks GONE. She had the runs for a few days!!

We had to end up using an e-collar to break her from opening the fridge, she became obsessed with doing so and bringing random food items out.

When leaving i'll still throw one or two mouse traps down and cover them with a piece of cardboard so it will scare her but not hurt her, it works pretty well.

I wish Vega would retrieve. He never brings stuff back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts