Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what guaranteed analysis is?

I know how to read ingredients but does guaranteed analysis mean this is the content of the entire bag or each serving ?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks P4P I read that article already but I am still confused :(

"Guarantees are declared on an "as fed" or "as is" basis, that is, the amounts present in the product as it is found in the can or bag."

So How would one know if the Guarantee Analysis is as fed or as if on the bag of dog food?

I am asking because my sister finally told her manger his dog is way under weight. He has been feeding him a raw diet that is pre made. On the bag it only says 13% protein which is SUPER low. I am not sure if it means the whole bag of patties =13% or each patty ?

Same thing goes for the bag dry food. Is each serving the guarantee analysis or the whole bag ? I know on wet food it means the Whole can so this is why i am worried.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't percent be the same either way? I mean you could have 1lb or 40lbs and the percentages shouldn't change.
Yes I understand that ,it does not change what i am asking is , is each serving size for every time you feed the dog the GA ? or is the whole bag its self the GA. I hope that makes sense. Its just like on Labels we eat. it will tell you how many calories but you need to look at the serving size , you may think the bag of chips you are eating is only 170 but the serving size will say bag contains 3 servings so you just ate 510 calories

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Oh, I see, the percent thing threw me off. You're asking if the other (non percentages) are for the whole bag or one serving, right? That's an interesting question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts