Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluffy isn’t feeling too good today. Yesterday, he refused his dinner and only partly nibbled at his breakfast. His stomach was gurgling all evening last night. Poop was normal yesterday, and while I didn’t get to see it today (was at work) I was told it looked the same as usual, but longer in size. The gurgling is gone today. But he seems uncomfortable, and mostly just lays in bed today. He’s also a little warm, and pants easily on walks, although that may be due to the fact that it’s currently 91F outside right now! But he will run around and play with me if I prompt him:

I’m pretty sure I know the culprit—I fed him one of Misty’s dental treats the day before he started feeling off. It’s a different brand and flavor and everything, so I hoped it would be good (he does just fine with Greenies) but he has reacted badly to similar snacks before.

That said, I want my buddy to feel better, and feel super guilty :(. Obviously, I’ll call the vet if he gets worse/this goes on for too long. Any home remedies for an upset tummy? I might go and get him some cottage cheese later; supposedly that helps?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: he just asked me for food and is now eating it slowly and deliberately, looking up at me occasionally with annoyed eyes. Hopefully he’s on the way to feeling better now!

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Glad to hear Fluffy is on the mend. :)

Gracie would get weird poops with dental chews, so we learned from that (sorry, Gracie) and only give Peggy yak cheese chews. I think they might even be better for keeping teeth clean. But digestive health is my primary concern.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear Fluffy is on the mend. :)

Gracie would get weird poops with dental chews, so we learned from that (sorry, Gracie) and only give Peggy yak cheese chews. I think they might even be better for keeping teeth clean. But digestive health is my primary concern.
Yeah, I agree. I’d much prefer him to have a little tartar than an upset tummy. He looked miserable until a couple of hours ago, and is now back to his normal bouncy self. Would you consider those yak chews easily breakable into Fluffy-sized portions? Or would I have to buy the small ones? Also, I forget which brand you use—is there a particular one that Peggy likes the best? I’ve been considering ordering them off of chewy with our next dog food batch... Fluffy firmly believes that chewing is a wonderful pastime, but it’s been quite hard to find something that won’t upset his tummy and will last longer than ten seconds, so he had to go without good chews most of the time.

Poodles! Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em!

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
These are the ones we've currently got:

They're fairly skinny compared to other
brands we've bought. You could probably break them with a hammer, but the edges would be sharp.

Peggy prefers these:

Probably because they make a bigger mess.

Whatever brand you choose, keep an eye on Chewy prices. They fluctuate a lot. I stock up when I see a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts