Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olie seems to be really growing up so fast.

He is almost as tall as Suri at 6 months. I am sure all are different but are there growth spurts that they go through around a certain age? I know they have up to around 18 months + to full growth but curious when we will likely see his growth slow.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I can't answer your question, but almost 5 month old Lucy is as big as (and quickly passing) 16 month old Chalumeau!! Meau is badly bred though - we're not 100% sure her mom wasn't a mini! Last time I measured, Meau was around 19" and Lucy was 18 1/2"!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suri is not a big girl at all, she's slender around 46lbs and is 23". Olie is around 35lbs at 21".

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got Mister when he was 8 months old and he was already as tall as he would get however he did fill out about 8 more pounds. I believe they reach their full height right around 6 months then fill out till a year old or so.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
different dogs do different things. Some grow fast but stop early (6-8 months), others are gradual but seem to keep creeping up for *EVER* before they stop getting taller (18 months+), it's hard to know what Ollie will do, sometimes you can guess by what the general family line is prone to do (ie fast & done, or slow), but even then there's always exceptions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts