Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy is right about 5 ½ mo. old. She weighs 30lbs and stands at 22in at the shoulders. For those of you with female SPOOs, how much more do you think she’s got to go? I think the AKC standard says female SPOOs average 24in and 45-55lbs. Just wondering where she’s going to end up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
There's a handy poodle growth chart on this thread. Following the growth curve, she's probably about 65% of her adult weight and 85% of adult height. My guess is she'll be around 50 lbs and 26 inches give or take.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a handy poodle growth chart on this thread. Following the growth curve, she's probably about 65% of her adult weight and 85% of adult height. My guess is she'll be around 50 lbs and 26 inches give or take.
Thank you, 50#/26" would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hmmmm. 26 inches is really, really tall, especially for a female. Does she come from exceptionally tall parents?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm. 26 inches is really, really tall, especially for a female. Does she come from exceptionally tall parents?
26" is Liz's guess. I used a tape measure to come up with 22". I don't remember her parents as being unusually tall. I guess we'll see...

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I also use this chart from POODLE PUPPY GROWTH CHARTS as a general guideline

HEIGHT CHART FOR STANDARD POODLES

AGE IN MONTHS

HEIGHT IN INCHES

8 WEEKS

12 - 13 INCHES

3 MONTHS

14 INCHES

4 MONTHS

18-19 INCHES

6 MONTHS

21+ INCHES

FULL GROWN (USUALLY 24 MONTHS)

24-27 INCHES

Standard poodles can take up to 2 years to finish growing and filling out.

If she's about 22" at the shoulder now at 5.5m, she may be a bit of an overacheiver :). It's hard to predict.

For comparison, this is from peppersb, in an old thread, charting her spoo girl who finished on the smaller side:

At 19 weeks, my Cammie was also 19 pounds. But she was only 17 inches tall. She has a beautiful petite build -- only 35 pounds and about 21.5 inches as an adult.

From the time she was 16 weeks until 28 weeks, her age in weeks was equal to her weight in pounds.

Here's a summary of her growth.

10 weeks: 7 lbs
11 weeks: 8 lbs
12 weeks: 10 lbs
3 months: 10 lbs, 13 in
4 months: 17 lbs, 16 in
5 months: 21 lbs, 18 in
6 months: 26 lbs, 19 in
8 months: 32 lbs, 20 in
9 months: 32 lbs, 21 in
12 months: 35 lbs, 21 in
18 months: 35 lbs, 21.5 in

I know I've seen a few other threads with comparisons but haven't landed on the right search phrase just yet.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I also found this which a member started many years ago but I've no idea if anything came of it. It's a great idea, to crowd source info from PF owners.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RnP, thank you for break down. Again, my measurement may not be the most accurate as I was chasing Happy around trying to place a tape measure to her. She's somewhere between 21" and 22". She's also closer to 6mo (.5 yo this Sunday).

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Lol, mine are over 3y and I still don't know their height for sure.
I wondered about trying some sort of T-square thingy and while looking thru those threads I learned that there is something official called a wicket which is quite similar in appearance.
The member who mentioned it also said that it was easily diy-able, so that's on my list of things to do now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts