Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe my pup is already 6 months old!

I'm nervous about making her appointment to get spayed but I really don't plan on breeding her. I've heard that spaying females make them gain more weight? I'm not sure if this is true.

Well, I was bored after work today and decided to put together a video of her puppyhood! Haha I thought I'd share :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha nooo, I thought speeding it up made it funnier :p

Oh my god, jumping off the steps... she does that all day long, I swear she's gets more air every time!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sooo cute!!! I LOVE the jump off the step. Wow, what a seriously big jump for such a small step....lol. Nice job with the video.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As to your original question seeing as we all got side tracked by the gorgeous puppy - there is no reason at all why spaying your pup need make her fat. It is not the operation which makes them fat it is usually cause pups are done at 6 - 8 months and then people go on feeding them like puppies when they have finished the realy frantic growth spurt. Keep an eye on her weight and adjust your food amounts to suit and you won't have a fat dog.

There is no reason to be concerned about the operation. Most semi experienced vets would have done so many of these they can do them with their eyes shut - very routine surgery.

Now all surgery carries some risk but personally I wouldn't keep an entire bitch for any reason in the world. In fact I will be getting a male afghan cause they need to stay entire until their adult coats come in apparently, otherwise you end up with a thin dodgy coat and there is no way I'm going through two or three heats with a bitch :eek: couldn't think of anything worse!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great video! With all her energy I don't think you would have to worry about her putting on weight after a spay! LOL Looks like your only worry might be keeping her from playing too soon afterward!

I agree with others about the spay...talk with your vet...there isn't much harm in waiting a bit longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts