Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I doubt I’ll stick with a 52 week thread but I thought I would update on Thumbelina a bit. She is doing really good. We have gotten into a routine. It was a little stressful at first because I was having a hard time getting her to eat and we lost like an ounce which is a lot when you only weigh a pound. She’s doing good though and is a pampered princess. She won’t eat out of a bowl and only out of hands. We figured out that free feeding didn’t work and that three feeds a day didn’t work either. She eats breakfast at 8:00 most mornings and 6 or 7 most evenings. She won’t take more food we’ve tried. She also likes her food fresh so I wet about 1/4 cup every other day and keep it refrigerated. She also likes it damp but not drenched lol 😆. And she does not want it dry. I’ve never had such a picky puppy. She wants to steal food from the other dogs but so far they have made her stools loose. So I’m not gonna switch her to a better quality food until she is bigger. Thankfully we have had no hypoglycemic incidents and we are finally up to 1lb3.3oz since Friday. The vet said she is perfectly fine just really petite. We have kept in close contact with breeder. Because I have been more worried about her. I’ve never had a puppy so small. She is pad trained now. She got her third round of shots this past Friday, and she only needs one more shot. I’m hoping to start outdoor potty training in about two weeks when she will be sixteen weeks. She is a snuggly cuddly little doll. She loves to play and has the tiniest bark which she only uses during play. I will share some pictures in a minute.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last picture is one of my favorites. She is so funny when she sits down or looks up. She throws her head backwards and her tiny ears go straight out. We call them her dumbo ears.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d like to add a video of her playing fetch, but I’m not sure how. She’s so funny how she hops like a tiny goat and runs. She’s really cute when she plays. She got to go with me to my aunts house. She has a six month old 3lb yorkie that desparately wants a play mate. Her older sister another yorkie loves her but is an old lady and doesn’t like to play. They played together it was so cute! I unfortunately didn’t get any pictures. Thumbelina tries to play with our dogs, but as soon as they show interest she runs and hides not that I blame her. They are currently giants compared. Thankfully my dogs are all really gentle. I think when she is bigger she might play with Bitsy.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One last picture we just got it. The first one of all four dogs together. It’s not the best, but I was excited. It’s what we call a people poodle pile up. My five year old was on the other side of Harlequin and my seven year old was perched on the arm of the chair squished against me. Bones had been asleep so he was winking in the picture.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Oh Thumbelina is so cute ! You have a very nice doggy family ! Beckie (blue poodle below) also hops, but more like a deer. Open a Youtube account, post your videos on it and copy the link here so we can see it. :)

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
She’s sooooooo cute and it’s wonderful to see your people poodle pile up. What fun.

Reactions: 5girls1guy&apoodle

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
Your tiny baby is lovely and Ian Dunbar would be applauding for hand feeding. He regards hand feeding as a great bonding experience. Have your little humans do some of that hand feeding too. I think you can start outdoor potty training on leash any time now, just don't have her around dogs you don't know.

Reactions: 5girls1guy&apoodle

·
Registered
990 Posts
My husband and I agree that she is just about the cutest thing we’ve ever seen. Great game of fetch, too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
She is adorable, so many traits of my poodles.
Reading through your posts , it was omg just like mine. mine toy poodles and none will eat from a bowl , they have progressed from eating from my hand to each having their own pile on the covered sofa. They refused to eat in the kitchen and off the floor, they all have their own spots and won’t touch each other’s.
I also have my very own poodle blanket ( as l refer to it ) wether l need one or not.
I look forward to seeing her grow with your beautiful dog family.
IMG_5028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts