Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a beautifully sunny bank holiday here today, so Darcy and I went to chill in the park for a bit. I was just sitting nearby while he hunted in the grass when suddenly his tail started wagging and he grabbed a stick. He was enthusiastically running around with it, when I caught sight of it and thought that's a bit of a funny looking stick. So I grabbed it and held it for a second before I realized it was a squirrel leg!

Ugh, the foot was there, everything was there like a squirrel just dropped it on its way by! I just about died and have washed my hands about a hundred times since.

Anyone else have a similar experience? *shiver*

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If I don't keep an eye on Teddy when we're walking around the parking lot at the bus stop, he'll pick up a goose turd faster than I can say LEAV..DROPIT!!!

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't puked yet. It curdles my stomach just thinking about it.

My cats were right all along: Dogs are gross. ;)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Yummy!:wacko: My dogs would probably eat it!!

I must say my little ones will also pick up goose poo as well and try to get away from me with it - that is pretty discusting. Maybe it's a small dog thing.??

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dana was running around like a crazy nut the other night.

She usually does that kind of crazy zoomies when she has something in her mouth that she's not supposed to have. So I called her and said: "drop it!" and she promptly did as told, and dropped whatever it was in my hands.

Now, it was dark and I couldn't see what it was, and I was curious... so I take it in the house, turn the light on, and what do I see?

It was a petrified, rotting, completely disgusting, falling apart in little bits all over the floor, mummified rat carcass.

:scared:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Once Dima got into a old snail trap filled with sugar, yeast and lots of dead snails it had been there over the winter since last summer.

Dima came in from the garden smelling like death :doh: With the biggest smile on her face very happy to have found something so nasty to eat.

So I took he too the Vet to have her return the snails. She did throw up twice at the Vet's, I put her into the car while paying. She vomited twice in the car while I was paying !!!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
The other night Chagall and I were taking a walk along the creek in our lower yard and he suddenly leapt into the tall grass and went into a play bow. I gave him a collar pop just in time to prevent him from attempting to eat a frog! Now I know frog's legs are some kind of delicacy, but I just thought the poor frog would make better use of his legs then Chagall! As for the goose stuff, he'd love to move to Canada to get closer to the geese if he could, though we sure have more than our fair share of them around here. He remains VERY fond of deer droppings, too. I brush his teeth every night before bed, if I could get him to gargle I would!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Once Dima got into a old snail trap filled with sugar, yeast and lots of dead snails it had been there over the winter since last summer.

Dima came in from the garden smelling like death, with the biggest smile on her face very happy to have found something so nasty to eat.

So I took he too the Vet to have her return the snails. She did throw up twice at the Vet's, I put her into the car while paying. She vomited twice in the car while I was paying !!!
EEEEEEeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! :slug::slug::slug::puke:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I haven't 'caught' either of my spoos eating anything dead yet but we have had our share of nasty stuff. They have a fondness for horse poo. Sometimes they eat so much of it, they vomit. That has to be the nastiest smell next to death that I have ever endured!! They just LOVE it! And let's not even go there about the kitty litter box. I have that room baby-gated off so they can't get at it.....eeeewwwwww.

The cat left a dead flower nosed mole in the front yard today and none of our dogs touched it! Now that was a really big surprise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
prefers...

Teddy seems to prefer his own poo. One night I found a poo on the floor. Teddy never poos in the house anymore. And it was to big to belong to my mom's maltese so I figured he must have brought it inside...sort of a president.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It was a petrified, rotting, completely disgusting, falling apart in little bits all over the floor, mummified rat carcass.
Et tu? We had one today (but thankfully, dogs were leashed & it was my kids poking it w/ a stick!) Bleah! At least it was outside!

PS Odd how the tail stays whole while the rest gets skeletonized, huh?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh yeah. . . it was before a CGC training class when Liberty picked something up out of the flowers. It looked like a piece of poop, so I stuck my hand in her mouth and pulled it out, only to discover a rotting mouse. I full on screamed, threw the carcass into the air, and started doing the heebie jeebie dance. Of course that got us lots of attention. I could have died. The whole class I was on edge and boy could Liberty sense it. I remember the instructor telling me we had a lot of work to do because she wouldn't let him brush her, and she seemed really skittish. Well duh!!! Of course we were both much better the next week. Don't let anyone tell you that what you're feeling doesn't travel down the leash.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Panda found a really old dead mouse (so old it was flat and crispy) that I pulled out of his mouth not knowing what it was and he also loves goose poop. yuck!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Kiara and Zoey got a hold of a couple baby squirrels one day last summer! It was the nastiest thing EVER! I yelled drop it as I stepped out the door, Kiara dropped hers and looked at me like I took her birthday away and Zoey looked at me and swallowed half of one before I could get to her then ran LOL! GROSS!!!!! They were not little babies either! :scared: Tynkers has a Fondness for "bunny yummies" she has a knack for finding bunny poo!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
After the snow melted, Vegas found a mouse tail in the backyard. I hunt, so I find animal bodies all the time so I wasn't grossed out, I was just SURPRISED that he had found this tiny mouse tail in this huge backyard. His mouth is so soft it wasn't harmed at all (as harmed as a mouse tail can be.)

However, he obviously isn't immune to the irresistible disgusting mystery mud on the ground, and dressed himself with his own doggy perfume.

·
Registered
125 Posts
a joke

Tynkers has a Fondness for "bunny yummies" she has a knack for finding bunny poo!
lol, When I was little my dad used to tell a joke-

Mutt told Jeff, "Here, try these! These are smart pills!"

Jeff: "Hey, these taste like rabbit poop!"

Mutt: "See, you're smarter already!"

I can't see them not w/out mentally calling them "Smart Pills".

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Okay, I am warning you now, this is really gross!!

When I was fifteen, two of our show girls whelped within days of one another, and were in rooms across the hall from each other. Samantha was mother extraordinary and had had a few litters before, and Sarina was a big goofball who was a novice mom. So my Mom is puttering on the main floor and Samantha comes down the stairs with something hanging out of her mouth. Mom told her to drop it, and she politely dropped the back end of a puppy into my Mother's hand. She had gone in and taken one of Sarina's pups and eaten it. My Mother was ready for the psych ward at the hospital and it took her three days to recover and spend time speaking to tons of breeders. Their feeling was, because Sam was a veteran Mom and was such a wonderful mother, she knew something was wrong with that puppy and that Sarina was too dippy to take care of things, so she did to preserve the safety of all of the rest of the nineteen puppies we had. Poor Mom. She never really got over that!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
This is funnier gross. My Grandma was looking after the house and the dogs while we were travelling for a three day dog show. She told us when we got back, and this was in the winter, that one of the dogs came in with something in their mouth. Grandma told them to drop it and it was a frozen turd. My Grandma exclaimed "Oh...,a poopsicle!!" Lots of gross (funny and horrible ) stories generated out of our house. Between adult dogs and pups from the age of seven until the present, we likely had 500 dogs through our door and dogs just do not have a lot of couth sometimes!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts