Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after the other day I searched thru my cabinet and found many blades for my Oster, in fact I have 5-#7F, 2-#10.p;us a new #10 still in package, 1-#5F and I have the , 5/8W in route. So this morning I also found in my cabinet a bottle of blade wash, oil, a can of cool lube and I just received a 5 in 1 lubricant, cleaner, disinfectant. So I took each blade and thoroughly cleaned them. Next I have to find that cat so I can practice, LOL. Renn goes in for his groom on Friday so I will wait on him maybe clean up any little spots she may miss on his feet. For now I will only do feet until I feel comfortable. Wonder if I need anymore blades and what I will do with the 7F ,5F. I also found another poster that had something wrong with it that I replaced with a new one years ago. I may send that off for repair so I'll either have a spare or sell it. here kitty kitty

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Hmm, practicing on a cat sounds like quite a challenge. Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hmm, practicing on a cat sounds like quite a challenge. Good luck with it all.
I’m presuming you are joking about practicing on your cat? I had to give my elderly ragdoll cat a lion clip last summer and I had to give her a sedative to settle her down so I could shave her.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wonder if I need anymore blades and what I will do with the 7F ,5F. I also found another poster that had something wrong with it that I replaced with a new one years ago. I may send that off for repair so I'll either have a spare or sell it. here kitty kitty
That cat is not going to come willingly - if at all!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the cat will willingly participate, though not totally happy. LOL She is use to getting clipped down. We have her clipped about 3-x a year. I use to do her myself though she did not look great years ago. She really needs a bath first, and its too cold right now.So she will not get clipped right now but i will include a picture of her once I do.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Actually the cat will willingly participate, though not totally happy. LOL She is use to getting clipped down. We have her clipped about 3-x a year. I use to do her myself though she did not look great years ago. She really needs a bath first, and its too cold right now.So she will not get clipped right now but i will include a picture of her once I do.
Oh, that's funny, I also thought you were kidding about the cat!:D

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Oster has wonderful customer service. I sent my A5 in for repair and they also sharpened all my blades for a vary reasonable cost. Mostly I use the 5F on Asta's body and a 10 on feet. Sounds like you have a great selection of blades.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is a persian. It seems I have had one persian cat in my house always, they are just so sweet and calm natured. I've had one since 1977. My 1st was a grey, then I had a white with black spots, then a red and this one "Penelope" is White with red spots. Each one has had a very laid back personality. My other cats I wouldn't even attempt. I have a grey who we found at about 2-3 weeks old, he is a domestic short hair, then I have a long haired shelter cat. She has the m oct amazing fur, never mats, I think she may have some siberian in her. We had another, that I actually had to rehome, someone gave me this tiny fleas covered kitten in a target shopping parking lot. I really loved this cat but he would attack me, my husband and one of my daughters. Only daughter #2 , he liked and he was huge he weighed about 20 lbs and was very long. My daughter is 5'8" and if she held him he would hang from her neck area to her thighs. My vet's tech took him and he is on her farm and is much happier getting to roam in and out. We had him just inside. I think he was part main coon, also long haired and didn't mat. I still miss him but he drew blood. Well "Penny" is safe from me for now, lol. I think I will just try and keep Renn's feet clean to learn.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AStasmom. Yes I have a pretty good assortment all left from when I had shih tzu. I was able to keep them groomed with a pro groom in-between, but they too were laid back and I could do anything with them. I hope one day Renn will be as good about it. My husband was going to surprise me for Christmas with grooming certificates, when he went to my groomer and asked they said or the wild one. Hmm...so I'm leaving it to them for now and maybe he will be a little better after gets neutered in the next few months. For some reason I am dreaded that. Never bother me before but I guess my dogs were younger and I'm more worried about him staying calm enough to heal. But he is wanted to sniff everything now on walks so its getting to be time. Thank you for the heads up on Oster. I did have them sharpen all the blades 1x years ago. I'm going to write them no sense in wasting perhaps a good clipper.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Remember (as others on the forum suggested) that you can use little boy briefs when he is in the healing process. I was nervous when we got Asta neutered but it didn't seem to slow him down a bit. Also quick healing. So much more a reasonable dog after he was neutered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts