Poodle Forum banner

Grooming the ears and feet

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vee 
#1 ·
I've been struggling with this for awhile and now feel I should reach out. I have the recommended book on poodle grooming from Shirley but she doesn't show the look I'm trying for. I want Rudy to have "fluffy" ears not the long haired hanging down ones. The hair on his ears is a good 5 to 6 inches long. Do you cut the hair at an angle to get them more fluffy? Even blow drying them they don't bet that bounce I want or have seen in others. Also, any tips on grooming feet. They are hardest for me. It's not the foot so much as between the toes and around the nails that I can't seem to get all the stray hairs. I have a cordless clipper that works for everything else, would it be a good idea to get a clipper that has a smaller blade to be able to get into these tight spots??
Thanks in advance for any tips!

#5 ·
You’ll be better off with a shorter blade for the feet, it will get the shorter bits around the nails and is safer as it’s less likely you’ll nick the skin as the teeth are closer together. Try a 30 blade or like raindrops said a bravura mini, which is equivalent to a 30 blade in cutting length but is a much smaller blade so easier for foot work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.