Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girls are 14" tall and about 16 pounds. I've been grooming on my kitchen table, which has become a pain since Callie moves around too much. I am trying to decide what would be best for a grooming table size - 32 x 18 or
36 x 20? What brand is everyone using? I'd love a hydraulic but can't justify the price. I do want something that has the mesh basket on the bottom, and something foldable. I'm assuming they are all 31 1/2" high?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I went for this table from a recommended brand (Flying Pig) here at PF. It doesn't have the underneath shelf or basket but possibly you can come up with something to work for you. It's available at Chewy and Amazon among other sites. I didn't find the weight of the table but it's portable, sort of. I wouldn't be carting it up or down stairs, but I can move it from room to room.

It folds up for storage, is adjustable to two heights, and is 24"x18". I find that size works just fine for my two. Neo is the larger at about 14-15" and about 14-15lbs.

Flying Pig 24x18 2 height adjustable foldable .jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
My girls are 14" tall and about 16 pounds. I've been grooming on my kitchen table, which has become a pain since Callie moves around too much. I am trying to decide what would be best for a grooming table size - 32 x 18 or
36 x 20? What brand is everyone using? I'd love a hydraulic but can't justify the price. I do want something that has the mesh basket on the bottom, and something foldable. I'm assuming they are all 31 1/2" high?
Susan, I use the table linked below. It is wonderful!!! I got the size 48 for my Spoo. It's VERY sturdy and easy to put together. I will say it is a bit heavy - but I am sure most of that is due to the size I got. It comes with a bottom rack as well to store your tools. I also like that you can adjust the height of the neck bar and which side of the table you want to put it on.

They have 2 smaller sizes to choose form as well! Mine came I think 2 days early than expected. I highly recommend!

EDIT: I wanted to mention that the basket is not mesh, but you could add some fabric down (like a blanket) on the bottom of it. I really love mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH54MVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Strictly to get an idea of dog vs table size, I'm posting a couple of shots of Neo on the table. He also likes to move on the table, so I find the small size easier to manage to keep him arranged and to fit the space I have to work in.

Neo modeling reluctantly FP table.jpg

Neo still reluctantly modeling FP table.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 36”x20” Midwest grooming table for my 50lb standard. I had to order the 36” arm because he is tall. Only table I’ve ever owned but happy with it and wish I would’ve purchased one years ago. If I had a smaller poodle I would buy the smaller size table

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Susan, I use the table linked below. It is wonderful!!! I got the size 48 for my Spoo. It's VERY sturdy and easy to put together. I will say it is a bit heavy - but I am sure most of that is due to the size I got. It comes with a bottom rack as well to store your tools. I also like that you can adjust the height of the neck bar and which side of the table you want to put it on.

They have 2 smaller sizes to choose form as well! Mine came I think 2 days early than expected. I highly recommend!

EDIT: I wanted to mention that the basket is not mesh, but you could add some fabric down (like a blanket) on the bottom of it. I really love mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH54MVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have the same grooming table, except I bid for mine on eBay and paid significantly less. I was patient and used a sniping app to get it at a price I wanted to pay. I was pleasantly surprised that it was delivered a few days later.

I store my high velocity dryer on the mesh shelf when not in use. The shelf lifts off so I can fold and store the table. I believe SamieNorman meant to say the shelf was mesh - it's metal. Most tools wouldn't fall through but a small comb might.

Mine is approximately 29.5" x 18.5". I have a 16 pound minipoo and this is a good size. There is room on the table for the tools I'm using as well as plenty of room for my dog.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sylar is right, it is mesh, my apologies!! I meant to say it is mesh but you might want to use a blanket if you have smaller tools! (combs, blades, spray bottle, bands, etc.) The bars are a bit far apart for small items like this potentially.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the same flying pig table as Mufar. I have a standard too, so i got the 36". It's big enough but not so big that Cleo has room to get away from me. It has made a huge difference in ease of grooming just because it's at the right height and i can walk around the dog instead of constantly making her turn in different directions. It's lightweight enough to move around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts