Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Last time I groomed the girls I injured my back so bad it took a couple weeks before I was able to get back to normal. I typically bathe them in the bathtub followed by drying and brushing out in the garage. I have never used a table on which to groom and usually just sit on the garage floor. Not the best approach I’m sure. So I’m asking what you folks would suggest. A stool or perhaps a table? The girls are almost 9 years old and are mostly compliant when being groomed. I just can’t risk more back problems in the future. Please advise.

·
Registered
761 Posts
A grooming table definitely helps--I used to get really horrible back aches after just bending over and grooming Fluffy on top of an ordinary table. I have this one, but I don't think it would be nearly long enough for a spoo https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DX3AR4A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. If I was to buy again with a little more research (my back was screeching at me when I bought this one, and I figured anything was better than nothing), I would have tried to find one that had adjustable legs and maybe a bit sturdier of a arm. It's pretty sturdy overall, though. A good budget item. It works well for what I use it for, although if I was to be grooming several dogs weekly I would have probably gone with a different one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts