Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you. I was so excited to share all of my new knowledge of it since it was so hard for me to find the proper info on it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Sophie looks gorgeous! I was very impressed she just stood there like no big deal. You explained everything well and certainly taught me a lot of tips. I will start grooming for the first time when I get my puppy. I don't see putting her in a show coat, but now I can give it a try if I choose to.

Great, easy to follow video. You could really see what you were demonstrating. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I think it was an excellent point that even though the chest is supposed to come down to the elbow, you can help give the allusion of a longer leg by trimming the hair a bit higher.

One thing to remember too is that by leaving more hair on the front of the back leg and the back of the front leg, you can make a puppy look shorter backed which is more desirable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it was an excellent point that even though the chest is supposed to come down to the elbow, you can help give the allusion of a longer leg by trimming the hair a bit higher.

One thing to remember too is that by leaving more hair on the front of the back leg and the back of the front leg, you can make a puppy look shorter backed which is more desirable.
i'm glad you pointed that out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been searching video's on youtube on puppy clip for show. I wish I could find someone who was actually doing it. this was helpful though since it was the only video i actually found regarding this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts