Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone for the past few years to Ft. Mitchells groom show Pet Quest. I so much enjoy going. I pick up new ideas and lots of tools from the trade show. I did enter in the groom competition for the first time this year. What a great experience. No I did not win...but that was ok because I feel I did come away in some ways a winner. I entered the 2nd class. Some people have asked Why the second class? Well its like this I wanted the challenge adventure of going up against some of the best , and also the 1st class was on friday. I didn't want to feel rushed. LOL! :rofl: I plan to go to the NASH Academy Groom Competition. We'll see what happens from there. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thats a very good show for a first timer to get their feet wet in the competition ring. Good for you for entering. Did you happen to stay for the Creative Groom part? Angela Kumpe won another first place. Did you see who won a first place with the poodles? Did you see the cat booth with Danelle German and Lindsay Geidel? She's my daughter? What kind of NEW goodies did you pick up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The class I was in I don't remember he girls name but she had a white poodle in a bedlington clip. Awesome job!! Trudy Van Arsdale got 2nd for her miniture sporting clip on Dixie Dawn. She is a groomer friend of mine through my aunt Pam Anderson. She does an awesome job. Then the 3rd I believe went to a woman by the first name of Larissa, think hers was German clip.Its hard to pay attention when your in the competition. I didn't make for the show on Sunday wish I had stayed an extra night. Would love to watch in person. I didn't hear who won in that one. I did pickup lots of tools, blades new shears which I dispately needed. My other pair were ruined by a man at Hershey show last year. I let someone different sharpen them. I will never ever do that mistake again and diffently not through this man. I normally use someone that is local to me so naturally I will stay with him.I also picked up combs,brushes, cologhns,coolant,and a dremel. Wow a demel what a life saver. Why oh why did I go without for so long. I am a small business. Do most of my grooming with an animal hospital (self-contractor) I want to send pictures but for some odd reason this site will not let me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts