Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I searched for this topic but couldn't find one.. sorry if this thread has already been made!! ;)

I was wondering if any of you had any grooming DVDs you liked in particular? I would love to watch some, as I can't work in a salon for a while, but I REALLY want to watch some professionals work, I want to keep learning, and it looks like video is the only way to do it for a while. :)

I saw some clips from the "Super Styling Session" videos with Sue Zecco and Jay Scruggs, and I liked those alright from the 5 minutes I saw. I also like that they have a variety of videos on stuff like grooming businesses, and how to handle unruly dogs, rather than just the styles of trims.
What do you guys think about them? Anything else to suggest? I can't find any other free grooming vids online other than the occasional thing on youtube or a clip at the depths of the internet. ;)
And honestly, they don't even have to be specifically about poodles. I like seeing how to work with other dogs as well.

ETA: well, I liked the Super Styling Session vids until I saw the price... OMG! Are most grooming DVD's $80 a piece?!?! No thank you... The five minute previews are enough for me in that case! :lol:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I can't find any other free grooming vids online other than the occasional thing on youtube or a clip at the depths of the internet.
really??? I just did a quick search on youtube for "dog grooming" and came up with "about 5,470" clips... lol! There is loads on there, some is BRILLIENT (no, I can't remember which ones exactly!) and some is crap... but plenty to get a good general idea with on loads of different breeds & styles etc.

FD

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yeah Flyingduster, I've seen a lot (obviously not all though) of the better grooming vids on youtube, that's why I'm looking for other things. :)

Haha, not long ago if you wanted to know where I was on the internet, it was more than likely youtube, watching someone groom some yorkie/bichon/poodle/etc. :lol: I've seen a few really amazing ones like you said that have been MASSIVELY helpful to me already! I just love that place.

I'll go back and see if new stuff was added or there were probably some I missed. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the DVDs. I have Sue & Jay's and I refer to it often. Someone said the Les Poochs one is a must have but I can't find it inexpensively. It's $189 on the website! :afraid:

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are some great video clips on barkleightv.com, they also show live coverage of some of the grooming conventions around the country. Also groomer to groomer magazine has some great resources. I think some of the DVDs from Jodi Murphy are only about 60 ea. She also has some promo DVDs that cover lots of misc things for only 5 ea just to cover shipping. Hope some of this helps :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
oh my. it seems that everyone is making DVDs these days. I have a jodi murphey poodle I like and one with jay and sue. someone mentioned barkleigh TV, theres is also a site called Learn to Groom Dogs, you pay monthly fee for it, but you can cancel anytime. there are well over 200 clips there so far, so you could join, watch them and cancel if you like. I believe the price is about 1/2 regular price right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts