Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rushing to groom Vega last night and was trying to do it differently but I like how he came out. I botched up on his tail a bit, he lunged after the cat as i was cutting and took a nice chunk of fur off but can't really notice in pictures or even in person up close too bad, im sure it will only bug me!

I also didn't touch his legs at all...I should take a guard over them to even em up a bit but I want to grow them out..who knows. I'm sure Ill get annoyed and cut it off!

He's almost a year old! So hard to believe! He will turn a year old on November, 21st.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Oh I love how you did his ears. Did you shave them down and then let them grow out or did you use a comb on them?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Amazing job and he is so pretty!!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
WOW!!!! Vega's coat has changed, and it looks stunning!!! He looked great before too. I'm just getting curious what Zulee will look like after her coat change. She has some silver on her legs almost like she has boots on! There is some silver on her face and tail too. The rest of her is black with a tint of brown if you see her in the sun at the right angle. Vega looks quite striking in silver.

Your grooming pics are quite the envy. What did you use to trim the body? He looks fluffy yet contoured. I also really like the pic of dodger in your avatar. He looks gorgeous as always.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For his body I use a Wahl 2 guard, i LOVE that length, it's perfect..when force dried it makes him look "fluffy" but he can still play in water and mud as much as he wants to and he wont matt up.

For his legs I usually take a C Wahl guard to them..but im starting to let them grow out to practice scissoring..that way when I do something awful I can just take them back down with a C wahl and start over to practice on him.

For his ears, i try to keep them short. I don't really like the long ears..and i'm probably the minority in that decision. I let Vega and Dodger play in water so often and they shove their heads in their water bowls and such that long fluffy ears would be awful to maintain. I take a 30 blade and barely go along the edge just to get the fluff, i find this to be easier to control then scissors and Vega is very very still when I do his ears so i'm pretty fortunate for that.

When I do trim his ears I take a 2 guard to them the same length on his body, Dodgers ears a bit more fluffy but she also hasn't been groomed in awhile aside from just a bath/blow dry and sanitary. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with her so until I decide it will just be a bath/blow out for her!

Thanks for the compliments as i'm still very new to grooming and learning every single day.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh also between grooming last night and taking photos this morning he did find time to run around frantically getting a bit wet so his coat isn't completely fluffed anymore :(

Poodles only seem to stay clean for an hour or so around here :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
That came out great Aidan :) Do you like it better than the old lamb? I'm glad you posted pics of it today lol, I was thinking about it earlier and wondering how it turned out :) I think his color is very pretty too, looks like he's starting to lighten but in a more even way. The Bean looks sooo odd as she turns Silver, I almost wish I had been able to find a blue now. LoL, Vega is so pretty, I'm jealous! Of course it could be because I know he is nice and clean now while my scruffy mutt hasn't had a bath in..... I'm embarssed to admit how long. Eeek! Thankgod she doesn't stink! I dunno why she can go so long between baths and not smell while about 10 days is all it takes for Jazz to start looking grubby.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Aiden, thanks for sharing how you trim him up. After gazing at the pictures...again...I'm wondering if he could be a gray? It's hard to tell from a photo. All I know is he looks great. I'm glad you posted some recent pics.

I would be fun to see some of Dodger too. Maybe she has one dunking her head in the water bowl!?!?!? Too funny they do that. It sounds like they are quite a pair.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Aidan - He looks great. I am wondering if that is how Vinnie is going to turn - did he get the silver on the edges of his ears first? I really like the longer legs!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep first he got the silver on the edges of his ears and then his face started changing quite a bit. The coloring in his body/legs is quite recent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts