Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is still a work in progress. He was horrible today!:doh: I hate hate hate using the #10 on his face and feet now and need #30 blades. The #10 leaves too much hair in my opinion and I didn't think to charge the battery in my cordless to get the areas I missed so he's got to finish that tomorrow. The front bracelets need to come up a little more but I skipped body work today so they are just going to have to work until next time. My scissors dulled out at the end.:wacko: I swear this was the worst grooming session yet.:rolffleyes:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
He's adorable!

I agree i dont think a 10 blade takes enough off the face either, my favorite is actually the length of the 15..not too long but doesn't irritate sensitive dogs either.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way! I think he looks great! Is it weird to say he's standing very nicely?
He always stands nicely but he's got a few things that would have kept me from showing him. I think we could have groomed around them but I ended up neutering him. His personality is absolutely one you'd want to see showing though. Oh well, he's a great pet.:)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's adorable!

I agree i dont think a 10 blade takes enough off the face either, my favorite is actually the length of the 15..not too long but doesn't irritate sensitive dogs either.
Maybe I'll try the #15. I have one but it's so dull I don't think it could cut a piece of paper. I need to send them all in to be sharpened.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think he looks great as well. I understand not having a number 30 and using a 10 instead. Its a big difference after your accustom to the #30 look and closeness. Still you did a fabulous job and he is almost free stacked in the pic. Good boy Harry! :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
He looks good so far ! you should see what my sister uses instead of her andis because she needs a 40 and 10 blade lol

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see anything wrong with it.
It turned out fantastic.
You should be proud, well don :)
Thank you so much but the picture looks a lot better than him. There is hair between the toys and some hair that I couldn't get a better shave with the clippers on his face. The scissoring in the back needs to be better but by the end I was lucky to even get the stupid scissors to cut. I'm happy with it until tomorrow.

·
Registered
646 Posts
AW what a cutie.
I also groomed Casey today but hubby wants to leave face fuzzy so he is basically just the longest guide on legs and 1/2 on body. Oh well he is cleaned up and smells better.
I had done his feet no long ago then he chewed some hair off getting a bur i missed last week so his one back leg is pretty high up.
Still a sweetheart and I love him goofy looking or not

1 - 14 of 14 Posts