Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gracie is my first black dog and I am finding that it is harder to see when grooming her. However, I also have found that her coat is so thick that mistakes are easily corrected! I heard blacks have the best coats and if she is any indication, I can see how that is true.
Here is this morning’s grooming. I am thinking of growing her topknot out and banding it, so I didn’t trim it this time. Not sure how to band a topknot but we’ll experiment!

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
She is super cute sporting that trim!
Yes black poodles are harder to groom in comparison to other colors of dogs, and they do tend to have a thicker coat from what I have noticed and read.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks EV poodle. That black poodle coat is amazing!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Very cute pup.
You know I have never seen a black poodle in my shop. Whites yes partisan yes solid black no. But did see one hanging out of a moving car today. So maybe soon as we have only shop in town now.
That's interesting! I live in a little village(population 2,000) in the British Columbia interior, and we have at least 4 black Standard poodles living here! None are related, and mine was obtained at the other side of the country

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a natural circle light (make up light) light on a tripod I use for my grooms, it makes a big difference and helps getting good indoor pics.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raindrops, that is brilliant! I have a headlamp I wear when walking at night, what a good idea.

Reactions: Raindrops

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very cute pup.
You know I have never seen a black poodle in my shop. Whites yes partisan yes solid black no. But did see one hanging out of a moving car today. So maybe soon as we have only shop in town now.
Interesting how places differ. I’ve never groomed a Parti (or met one) or a white! I’ve groomed lots of blacks and reds.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tamara and Charlie’s person, it’s funny how different areas have different breeds. In my area, I rarely see poodles of any type. Even at local agility events, there’s me and like two other people with poodles. I do see lots of goldendoodles.
Gracie is a mini, 15 lbs. That seems to be another thing with black dogs, they look enormous in pictures!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vee, I looked up circle light, didn’t know what it was. That is another option, especially grooming in the evening,it’s hard without natural light.thanks!

Reactions: Vee

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, they are very similar! And those looong legs, just like my Gracie 😀

1 - 13 of 13 Posts