Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can put a grooming arm on my patio table outside ( it's metal) so that I can blow-dry Lincoln better? I don't have a grooming table and don't want to store one if I don't have to so I thought this could be a solution. Anyone know or have any Links for purchasing? THANKS again!!! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I buy a lot of things from PetEdge.com or Ryan's Pet Supplies. I did buy a grooming arm from PetEdge before. You should be able to put an arm on a table as long as it does not have a thick outter rim around the table. It need to be flat enough so the clamp can slide on and tighten.

Here is the link to one I bought and it works great for my drying table. If you have a dog that is trying to jump off the table though you may consider a stronger one but I have never had any problems with this one.

PetEdge: Master Equipment Grooming Arms with Clamp

·
Registered
114 Posts
Definitely the 48 inch one. And I have that adjustable one, it should be perfect for you.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I hate those arms....none of my poodles ever need their heads hooked to anything. They can stand by themselves and don't jump down. For the cost of the arm which you might only use a dozen times till your dog gets used to standing, why not move the table to a spot that has something above it...such as a cupboard with a knob, a hook in a wall, a clothesline. Then use a leash and hook the dog to that. You will be selling that arm in less than a year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oooh, thanks! I am going to order one!!:)

I buy a lot of things from PetEdge.com or Ryan's Pet Supplies. I did buy a grooming arm from PetEdge before. You should be able to put an arm on a table as long as it does not have a thick outter rim around the table. It need to be flat enough so the clamp can slide on and tighten.

Here is the link to one I bought and it works great for my drying table. If you have a dog that is trying to jump off the table though you may consider a stronger one but I have never had any problems with this one.

PetEdge: Master Equipment Grooming Arms with Clamp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts