Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got off my lazy butt and groomed the girls today. I always dread grooming them because of the time, back pain, and mess, but boy oh boy do I LOVE how they look afterwards! :love: Here are their before pics. See video below for their beautful afters.

Video of girls after groom (no sound)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay! What a couple of cuties! You did a great job.

Peggy's appointment was also cancelled, and I'm trying to decide what to do. I've never groomed her before and I don't want to traumatize her. She LOVES her groomer.
Thanks! I had started grooming them to save money, and it did help tremendously. But as life got busier, I started having them groomed a few times a year in between to give myself a break. I came to really look forward to those appointments! I was so excited to make this appointment for next week as it had been at least 8 weeks since I did them, and about 5 months I think since they'd been to the groomer. All last week our groomer was sending out emails telling their clients that they are still open and have more space in daycare and for walking since their normal daycare and walking clients had started working from home so weren't using their services anymore. They needed the business, so I was happy to book a grooming with them now. But then NYS decided to close non-essential businesses. So sad! But again, very thankful I know how to groom them myself now. This was a really long-winded way to say you should give it a go - just read up a lot, and start small. I bet you'll do fine!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got off my lazy butt and groomed the girls today. I always dread grooming them because of the time, back pain, and mess, but boy oh boy do I LOVE how they look afterwards! :love: Here are their before pics. See video below for their beautful afters. View attachment 465520 View attachment 465521

Video of girls after groom (no sound)
They look great! My groomer is not working until her quarantine is over because of her husband, little under 2 weeks. I don't have the tools so I'll be just combing out to keep mats away. I keep her really short so have more leeway on letting her go over time. She doesn't like grooming but she's just 7 1/2 months sho she's just getting started in poodle life necessities..... me too as she's my first.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Great job.
Groomers had to shut down here. I’m thankful that I can groom my dog and have all the tools. But I’m sure for some people and their dogs no access to professional groomers for the next few weeks will be terrible.

Reactions: BrooklynBonnie

·
Registered
537 Posts
Violet's groomer just sent out an email saying the doors were closing for now. So, on top of all dog shows in my area being cancelled, there is really no reason for me not to groom her myself. I am ready to cut her down since I don't think I'll be able to get her to a show until next fall at the earliest. I'm nervous about working on her because of her puppy energy. Navy always puts up a minor resistance, but Violet has size and energy!

Her top knot hair is driving me crazy! I just want to see her eyes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts