Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know quite a few people on here are dog groomers. I think it would be interesting to see peoples before/after photos of your own random grooms or even of your pet you had groomed somewhere else.

The shih tzu was one of the worst! I had to use a 15 in some places just to get the coat off. This girl walked in crying, she left her dog with her brother while she went away for a semester in college and apparently he fed the dog but did very little to keep him clean, i dont think he even let the dog inside.

She comes in regularly for baths and brush outs. I wish I had a recent photo of her dog, he has a nice long coat now.

I hate doing labradoodles, not because i dislike the breed but because I have no idea what to do to them! On the one pictured they wanted about 1inch or so left on the body all over and the face/beard/ears left long. I think it looks goofy but they were thrilled and tipped me $20 so whatever works!

In the top right corner that's me holding the coat that came off the shih tzu in one large piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I wish one of you nice ladies lived in San Francisco, I am dying to take grooming lesson and no one here wants to teach.....sigh. I don't want to be a groomer, just want to be able to do my own poos.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Loving the tibbie terrier NPM. Also like the schanuzer, with the nice blended lines. I do mine like that. Nothing worse imo than an obvious line on a sporting dog or a terrier

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Loving the tibbie terrier NPM. Also like the schanuzer, with the nice blended lines. I do mine like that. Nothing worse imo than an obvious line on a sporting dog or a terrier
Lol glad you can get a dog to hand strip and blend! I'm lucky to get one that actually looks like a Schnauzer let alone has a nice enough coat to work with! :lol:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Lol glad you can get a dog to hand strip and blend! I'm lucky to get one that actually looks like a Schnauzer let alone has a nice enough coat to work with! :lol:
LoL, I get plenty that don't look right either ROFL... They come in with a westie or a schnauzer and you're like... are you sure you have a schn ?? LoL

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my first lamb cut on a standard poodle, i was nervous doing it. This dog usually gets a shave down because he's so matted but I was thrilled he had been brushed and wasn't much work at all!

He took forever, I had to bathe and dry him myself because we didn't have a bather.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts