Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flip has his first groom appointment (with us) Tuesday...what is it called when I just ask for his feet and face to be clipped?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Always nice to have both before and after shots, but too many times we forget to get the befores, so good for you for remembering. Will stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
specify if you want the tail clipped to (the base of the tail, so as to form a pom pom as teh hair grows in) cos i'm getting mroe and more people coming in and not wanting the base of the tail shaved too. But yeah, otherwise just say you only want the face and feet (and tail?) shaved, and possibly want a sanitary trim too (between the back legs & just around the anus)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced going with a full shave down (just this once) might be a good idea. He is dirty and matted. :/

It will grow back fast, right? hehehe

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
just don't say to the groomer to do a full shave down, cos for us, shaving means SHORT!!! For a puppy, a snap on comb is fine to reduce the length and hassle, but still keep nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
just don't say to the groomer to do a full shave down, cos for us, shaving means SHORT!!! For a puppy, a snap on comb is fine to reduce the length and hassle, but still keep nice.
No kidding. I had a groomer who the first time I took my dog to him shaved him down to NOTHING. I walked back in and told her that wasn't my dog, and I actually cried. She had put bows in my poor boys hair and he was just miserable...and so was I because I could see it in his face. Blah. Now we take him to a poodle groomer....who has no personality. But I think maybe we'll find him someone who isn't an hour and twenty minutes away from home to take him to.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flip is SUPER cute. I actually wanted a shave down to 'start over'.
He has some superficial wounds on his legs from matting/filth. :(
It's not the foster mom's fault, but whoever had him before her.
I will try to take photos asap. My hubby and I can't find the digi cam, but I know where my Canon film camera is.

·
Registered
546 Posts
No kidding. I had a groomer who the first time I took my dog to him shaved him down to NOTHING. I walked back in and told her that wasn't my dog, and I actually cried. She had put bows in my poor boys hair and he was just miserable...and so was I because I could see it in his face. Blah. Now we take him to a poodle groomer....who has no personality. But I think maybe we'll find him someone who isn't an hour and twenty minutes away from home to take him to.

Ohhhhh Teddy'smomma.. same thing happened to Snoops in the spring. It was a HORRIBLE experience.. I posted about it somewhere on this forum. I cried my eyes out .. it was so sad. I'm happy to report tho, he is back to being a fluff ball now :) It only took a few months to grow out.. YIKES!

Taxtell.. looking forward to seeing some handsome pics of your baby :)
Snoops is getting groomed on Friday so hopefully we all have some good results!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts