Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ? my husband and I finally found ourselves the newest memeber of our family! We originally were looking at mpoos but ended up falling in love with a spoo!!
We brought Hagrid home Friday and he’s settling in quite well ? the breeder we got him from had him experienced with grooming from about 3 weeks so he has no problem being touched or moved around (our first vet appointment was great)!

He’s great with brushing and I’ve been brushing him every couple of days but I’ve never trimmed a dog myself so I’m a bit nervous about doing it and thought it might be best to take him to a groomer to begin with. I’m struggling to find one that I trust to do a good job here in San Jose, CA and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? We’re not showing him at all but we want to make sure it’s done well and he’s very in need of a trim!!
If no ones got recommendations I’m also open to attempting to grooming him myself if you’ve got any tips ?

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Yes! I’m also in the area ? I highly recommend Miyoko at Showtime Grooming. She is a master groomer and used to do Maizie — She is very sweet and gentle in addition to being an amazing groomer!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
If you are particulier and want your fur baby a certain way, I would go to a professional first, and then start gradually, until you get the hang I used videos off youtube. First time I did it years ago, my boy look moth eaten, LOL. If you can find a groomer who comes to the house, I had 2 retired show groomers and I watched them, but I am still no wiz but can do pretty well, except for feet and pompoms on legs

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I know someone who uses Dawn at The Groomery. It’s a littermate to my girl and she is kept in a darling trim. Big fluffy head and longer legs and short body. I should find a pic. Your boy is so cute! I follow symplee poodles on Instagram and have seen him there!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Dawn does a beautiful job but I don’t know her personally or how she is with the dogs. That is far more important to me than a cute clip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts