Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,737 Posts
You are getting a toy, so my advise since you are just starting, is to get a peanut clipper, they sell them at Sally's Beauty Supply, they call it something else now I can't remember, but the clerks should know. They are small and have snap on blades, feet on toys are more difficult then spoo's as they are TINY! I use an Andis light speed trimmer for my toys feet. I am just now getting used to the full size clipper for the face on them. Ki-ki on the other hand wow snap compared to Tynk and Zoey. The thing on the feet you want to make sure of, not just clipper burn but the webbing between the toes, make sure to place your finger under it to shave between the toes as to not catch it in the blades, even a 40 will get them if you are not careful.
Thanks for the suggestions! I would like to be able to keep her fft clean on a more regular basis. I think I will let the breeder and groomer get her accustomed to grooming before I step in to learn too much.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Maddie,

I hope you do get your photos and try someone else or trim her yourself. It's too bad you were treated this way. It doesn't sound like you had an unusual request. From reading posts, it sounds like there are several different preferences on how a topknot looks best. Sometimes, it's which style fits your poodle best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.