Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Short ears are super cute! I'll probably never let Misha's grow out. Having short ears lets them move the ears more and show different expressions. But if you want them long again just be patient. They should start to get long again in several months. I'd ask the groomer why they did that if you didn't request. Maybe they were matted.
20200818_191420.jpg

Registered
I think they are cute and makes her look like a puppy. I too would ask why she cut them so short.

I鈥檓 guessing several months, but probably in a month or two they won鈥檛 look so short.

Registered
It can be a shock when you were expecting something altogether different, but to my eyes she looks adorable. How much longer would you like them? Human hair grows at half an inch per month, though I'm not sure how that compares with dogs.

Premium Member
That is correct it's roughly 1/2" per month
I have completely shaved my pup's ears down before, it takes about a year after full shave down.
I would find out why your groomer clipped your pup's ears shorter

Super Moderator
If your puppy's coat is in the process of changing to her adult coat, it's very possible her ears were starting to mat at the edges. That's what happened with Peggy.

Short ears through coat change are very helpful, unless you're carefully brushing them out every day. (I say carefully, because Peggy's mats just felt like part of her ear. I had no idea they were there.)

But I understand the shock. Peggy's were big and fluffy and felt like part of her personality. Be sure to keep communication with your groomer open and honest. This is an important long-term relationship for us poodle owners!

Registered
View attachment 469335
How long do you think it will take for them to grow long again ?
How old is your dog? Is she/he a puppy? The rest of the coat looks VERY thin and straight and not scissored by the groomer? Face/feet are not shaved as is usual with poodles (can't see tail so don't know if it was done as well) so maybe your groomer thought you didn't want a usual poodle cut and cut ears short due to that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts