Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Poodle Lovers!

I'm in the planning stages of welcoming a new standard poodle to the family. Hopefully, by the end of summer, we'll be knee deep in potty training and poodle fluff!

Right now we're researching breeders, so if anyone has a recommendation for breeders who specialize in silvers, I'd appreciate the tip.

Thanks! See you on the inside.

Roo

RIP Rico, my beloved hiking buddy. 2009-2017

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of help from more experienced folk here on the forum, its a great place.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Welcome to PF. Sorry you lost your hiking pal, but surely you will love growing another one. You might want to check out Calisun Poodles in South Carolina. Or if you want to take a trip north think about Madela Poodles in Connecticut. My boy Javelin is from Madela and PF member Eclipse's girls are from Calisun. All of them are smart and athletic.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hi and welcome. I’m sorry you lost your hiking buddy Rico.

I have a silver minipoo and love the way silvers develope a beautiful ombré effect. A silver spoo will be stunning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone

Thank you all for your welcomes and comments. Lily cd re, I will look into those breeders, too. I like the idea of doing a site visit AND I like the idea of a road trip!

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with either of those breeders. I know Eclipse and her dogs, but not her breeder (who I'm sure is great), but I adore Javelin's breeders Delana and Mark at Madela. Also PF member 67x has Javelin's litter mate sister. Even if you weren't able to make a pre pick up visit (which I do always urge people to do) I can assure you their set up is immaculate and their puppy raising skills are awesome.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Facebook has a group called "Litters From Health Tested Poodles"........All breeders with verifiable testing in place post here! Also Poodle Club of America (PCA) has a referral service too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts