Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Joe, and last week my husband and I brought home a beautiful 8 week old moyen poodle named Alfie. We lost our standard Bridget in June and didn't think we'd get another pup again so soon, but the stars aligned and it seemed like the right time to bring Alfie into our lives. I'm excited to post here and get some advice. Alfie is already proving to be very different from Bridget in all kinds of ways, which is exciting, but I'm so used to how she trained, how she behaved (and honestly I remember so little of the hard stuff with her training since it was 12 years ago) that I'll surely be seeking advice and reassurance as time progresses. :)

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Welcome to you and Alfie. I know it’s hard but you cannot compare your memories of an older well trained poodle with the new puppy. You have completely forgotten all the early raising a puppy issues that you are dealing with Alfie. It’s human nature to do so, but Alfie and you will get through these puppy training issues.

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
Welcome to you and yours. In New Jersey I know of two great training facilities, one in the north and one further south. I am sure there are others that are good, but these two are exceptional: Top Dog Obedience School in Flanders Top Dog Obedience School and Up Front Dog Center in Allentown (near Bordentown) https://upfrontdogcenter.com/

Have fun getting to know your new family member!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts