Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been a lurker for quite some time and wanted to post a picture of my 8 month old female Standard Poodle. We picked her up from the breeder one day before she turned 8 weeks old and boy, was she a TON of work.

I was told that she is a blue, yet her muzzle and her legs seem lighter than most other full grown blues. Some people at the park commented that she has quite a few brownish highlights.

This is a picture of her a few weeks ago. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings to you and your little girl! She is light, isn't she? Why was she a ton of work? Just curious.
She was a ton of work when we got her as she was just 2 months old and wasn't completely housetrained, but of course, it isn't reasonable to have a fully housetrained puppy, but now, she is much better. She still loves to chew and she is extremely active even though she gets about 1.5 hours of wrestling/running with her friends at the park. Hopefully, as she matures, she will calm down some more.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi icecannons, Welcome to this forum. Another new member from the San Francisco Bay area, you're the 2nd one to sign on today. We live due east of you in the Modesto area. Your fur girl is beautiful, what is her name? We have 4 poodles, 2 standards and 2 toys.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ohhhh....I see. Yes, housebreaking can be a lot of work. Some mellow out as they mature and some seem to be puppies forever. LOL Hope you get your wish!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow, really from the Modesto area calidani, small world huh? Secreto who is also a member of this forum is also from this area. We actually live in Riverbank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi icecannons, Welcome to this forum. Another new member from the San Francisco Bay area, you're the 2nd one to sign on today. We live due east of you in the Modesto area. Your fur girl is beautiful, what is her name? We have 4 poodles, 2 standards and 2 toys.
Wow, many poodles in our area! Her name is Lily and she just completed Puppy 2 a few months ago so training is coming along fine although she needs some work on leash walking. I can't imagine having more than 1 poodle as it must take a lot of time grooming them all.

Many thanks for the wonderful compliments!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
My Harry was a bit of a handful until he reached 18 months of age or so and then he mellowed out a lot. I think they sometimes hit an age that they just mature and don't need as much attention.

·
Registered
288 Posts
She's adorable! My Maddy is a blue, and took a long time to clear. Her face was quite light right away, and during her adolescense, she had the brown tinge.

What's her name??

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
She was a ton of work when we got her as she was just 2 months old and wasn't completely housetrained, but of course, it isn't reasonable to have a fully housetrained puppy.
Uh. No.... an 8 week old puppy typically knows very little about housetraining. Did you expect that it would?

She still loves to chew and she is extremely active even though she gets about 1.5 hours of wrestling/running with her friends at the park. Hopefully, as she matures, she will calm down some more.
Is she running amouk in the house? How exactly is she not calm?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome. Nice looking dog you have!

I have no idea on the color but really like it. There are a few threads of recent that discuss blues, blacks and silvers.

Olie was a little longer then any other dog to really get the potty training down -but all in all it wasn't too bad. Lot's of chew toys I suggest and crate or secure so the chewing in minimized. Thank goodness Olie has not been a chewer...:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
She is so pretty! Congrats on her =) Puppies are A LOT of work. I was more than thrilled to get my boy at 10 months old... he's all housebroke and is well on his way to learning sit, down, stay and he is a champ at walking on a leash (though I don't think he had been before I got him. It took him about a day to figure it all out, but now he walks perfectly beside me... obedience training here we come!!)

Again! Beautiful girl!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She's adorable. I'm also in the Modesto area
Im in Modesto too. I knew fuzbutz lived here because they own my boys littermate brother but another poodle buddy near the Modesto area. We need to get together for a playdate you guys. My Eli loves the dog park but he would much rather play with poodles!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
also...welcome to the forum.

Your blue girl is very pretty and what I would consider a true blue. Blues have brown tones while they're clearing so the brown tones are to be expected. She really is a doll. Cant wait to see more picks as she matures!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts